Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Changed handlebars to laow full throttle bars and painted the aluminum heat shield for the muffler and muffler pipe. The low bars cost $108 with discount and the ride has made a world of a difference for me. I feel more in control of the bike in quick turns and provides better handling. It also gives it a bit more sportier look with the black coating and the tubes are a little beefier.
image.jpg

Here are some before and after pics so you guys can compare the muffler paint job.
image.jpg
It was just a spur of the moment project. The aluminum reminded me too much of soda cans. I am much happier with the darker look.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I really like the black but also like the original look strangely enough. Don't know what to choose here. I think if the bike would be even more blacked out it would come more to its right.

Anyway, great job! :):thumbsup: Did you use Plasti dip, can it stand the temperatures?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris. It's pretty easy. Just used high temp rust oleum automotive paint. Hope it has a pretty durable coverage. I'll update if it's not good.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Damn, I'm sold more money for me to spend. I've been debating changing the bars to the full throttle since before I bought the bike.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Im going to fit lower black bars this weekend motocross style Renthals... now off to youtube to find some videos on shortening the cables... imo the "retro loop" has to go!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you end up changing the cables bigpish13? I really dig the look. I don't know how well that would look with my Dart flyscreen though.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Did you end up changing the cables bigpish13? I really dig the look. I don't know how well that would look with my Dart flyscreen though.
Looks fine, you dont even have to shorten anyhing, you may have to just swivel the Brake line so as not to come in contact with the Screen.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I changed my handle bar aswell...
ordered one from Biltwell....flattracker model.
I had the same problem with the brakeline and aswell moved the position of it.
its the best man....I would advise every one to do it....it changes the hole bikes handeling into way better awsome! !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts