Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Scramblers,

Has any one got any experience with different bars? I find the stock high riser bars a bit too high and fancied something a bit lower. Ive seen Ducati do sell a OEM lower version bar for a small fortune. Does anyone have any experience of the Renthal 7/8" aftermarket bar and does this require a new mount?

Or does anyone knows of someone who wants to sell their flat bars of a Scrambler Italia Independent?

I'm open to any other suggestions too.

Cheers,

Jimmy

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Hi fellow Scramblers,

Has any one got any experience with different bars? I find the stock high riser bars a bit too high and fancied something a bit lower. Ive seen Ducati do sell a OEM lower version bar for a small fortune. Does anyone have any experience of the Renthal 7/8" aftermarket bar and does this require a new mount?

Or does anyone knows of someone who wants to sell their flat bars of a Scrambler Italia Independent?

I'm open to any other suggestions too.

Cheers,

Jimmy
Be careful with 7/8 Renthal motocross bars. I tried them and I did get them to work but only just. The problem is that the straight part where the controls fit is a wee bit too short and the brake and clutch levers have to tighten just where the bend begins. You'll notice on the Scrambler the part that clamps the bars onto the risers is quite short between the bends while Renthals or even most others are quite long meaning there is less straight part at the outer ends.

Bars.png

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Be careful with 7/8 Renthal motocross bars. I tried them and I did get them to work but only just. The problem is that the straight part where the controls fit is a wee bit too short and the brake and clutch levers have to tighten just where the end begins. You'll notice on the Scrambler the part that clamps the bars onto the risers is quite short between the bends while Renthals or even most others are quite long meaning there is less straight part at the outer ends.

View attachment 41859
Thanks for the reply. Yes I full understand what you mean.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im defiantly going to swap the bars before spring next year, what I swap them too is a whole new mind game!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi fellow Scramblers,

Has any one got any experience with different bars? I find the stock high riser bars a bit too high and fancied something a bit lower. Ive seen Ducati do sell a OEM lower version bar for a small fortune.
Jimmy
I've got the Ducati OEM versions on mine.....much prefer both the look and the riding position. Worth every penny, not really that expensive and no hassle to fit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Skmark, I think you've made up my mind for me. Think I'll go for the Ducati part. Did you have to buy a new bracket with the new bars?

I love the look of your bike, the bars and tail tidy have given it such a clean finish. I plan on doing the same to mine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks Skmark, I think you've made up my mind for me. Think I'll go for the Ducati part. Did you have to buy a new bracket with the new bars?

I love the look of your bike, the bars and tail tidy have given it such a clean finish. I plan on doing the same to mine.
Hi,
thanks for the compliments......I've added bar end mirrors now too.

Not 100% sure about whether a bracket is needed as I was lucky enough that the 1st owner spec'd the FT bars from new just as I would have done. I do however, have the original invoice which just mentions the price for the bars (same as the Scrambler website) and nothing else.

The tail tidy is the R&G one as I think the number plate light is much neater than most of the other ones.

Tail Tidy for Ducati Scramber SIXTY2 ( 62 / Sixty Two) '16- models

Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Mark

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi,
thanks for the compliments......I've added bar end mirrors now too.

Not 100% sure about whether a bracket is needed as I was lucky enough that the 1st owner spec'd the FT bars from new just as I would have done. I do however, have the original invoice which just mentions the price for the bars (same as the Scrambler website) and nothing else.

The tail tidy is the R&G one as I think the number plate light is much neater than most of the other ones.

Tail Tidy for Ducati Scramber SIXTY2 ( 62 / Sixty Two) '16- models

Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Mark
Will post some before and after pics. The R&G tail tidy has arrived I've just not got round to fitting it. Also got some bar end mirrors from amazon.

Just the bars to go.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I believe it is
Hhhmmmm.....not so sure that it is. If you go to the configurator on the Scrambler website, the FT bars are listed as a straight 'accessory' for the Sixty2 whereas if you change to the Icon they are not listed as an option. One area where we 'win' I suggest.

Best check with your nearest dealer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts