Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
Does anyone have a rule of thumb on how many km before the original Pirelli MT60 RS tyres need replacing?
Any suggestions on whether to replace with same tyres - or another better option?
I ride exclusively on streets.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I think you may open a can of worms with that question ;) :).

I'm on an 800 Icon so slightly different, that said a lot will be down to how and where you mostly ride. The Pirellis do have wear indicators so if you're not down to those you should be okay?

I only got 6000km from my first set of MT60s, I think many on here got even less! For some reason the second set of MTs I have on seem to be fairing a little better – possibly not getting out to the kind of rides I normally do in this covid time and mostly commuting but who knows. Overall I'm happy with the MT60s but I am a low km per year rider so even at 6000km they last me 2.5 to 3 years or so. Do a search on this forum, I think you'll find at least a couple of tyre discussions going on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you may open a can of worms with that question ;) :).

I'm on an 800 Icon so slightly different, that said a lot will be down to how and where you mostly ride. The Pirellis do have wear indicators so if you're not down to those you should be okay?

I only got 6000km from my first set of MT60s, I think many on here got even less! For some reason the second set of MTs I have on seem to be fairing a little better – possibly not getting out to the kind of rides I normally do in this covid time and mostly commuting but who knows. Overall I'm happy with the MT60s but I am a low km per year rider so even at 6000km they last me 2.5 to 3 years or so. Do a search on this forum, I think you'll find at least a couple of tyre discussions going on.
Thanks! I’m new to the forum / but see now there are quite a few threads on this subject (and a lot of different opinions)! I’m hoping to log a decent number of kms in the next year, so perhaps will try a longer wearing option. Thanks again

·
Registered
167 Posts
i just replaced my stock tires after about 11,000km on my sixty2 (but also only because i had a nail embedded in the rear as well).
switched them to bridgestone battlax adventurecross ax41s (not to be confused with the ax41 version). been on them for about 5000km and like them so far. they're styled to be like scrambler tires but definitely geared towards street.

heres a pretty long review and this dude seems to love them even for some offroad applications.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just replaced my stock tires after about 11,000km on my sixty2 (but also only because i had a nail embedded in the rear as well).
switched them to bridgestone battlax adventurecross ax41s (not to be confused with the ax41 version). been on them for about 5000km and like them so far. they're styled to be like scrambler tires but definitely geared towards street.

heres a pretty long review and this dude seems to love them even for some offroad applications.

Thanks. I’ll definitely check these out.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hi.
Does anyone have a rule of thumb on how many km before the original Pirelli MT60 RS tyres need replacing?
Any suggestions on whether to replace with same tyres - or another better option?
I ride exclusively on streets.
Thanks.
8500km or thereabouts on our Flat Track Pro. They were still just road legal but would not have lasted much longer. Replaced both with the Bridgestone A41 (standard version). The MT60s are a good tyre grip wise but they are way too soft for a general purpose bike. I would not buy another set simply because of the poor life expectancy.
The standard A41 tyres are one of the few that has a dedicated 18” front and so far seem to be performing pretty well. They seem to turn in better than the MT60s and hold their line very well in corners.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts