Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people, just joined the forum and really interested in the 800cc Urban Enduro, a seriously great looking machine. But !…. I’m 6’2” and around 16st. looking for advice on will this be suitable for me, I’ve sat on a couple in the stores, but because I’ve only passed my full license in the last couple of months I can’t get a demo ride. Any help would be great 👍

· Registered
87 Posts
@Matt73**
I'm almost 6"4" and just about the same weight. I ride a '17 Icon.

I find the bike fits fine. My use is for commuting and weekend blasts. I haven't done any really long days nor overnight trips. My longest rides are about 2 hours with a stop somewhere along the way.

The bike is not big enough for 2 up riding, for me. I put a comfort seat on because the stock seat was just an awkward geometry. Comfort seat lets me slide back an inch or two, so there's not much back seat left.

The seat exchange for me was a must, and I think is one complaint about the lineup. I have a 34+" inseam so I like the extra height of the comfort seat. But I did it for the comfort, first and foremost.

I also put on a set of lower Renthal bars. This takes the pressure off my shoulders vs. the stock (elevated) bars.

I think you'd be fine on the bike. A few small changes will overcome just about anything you find you don't like.

· Registered
7 Posts
@Matt73**
My brother just bought a 22’ Scrambler Dark. He’s also 6’2” but 240lbs. It’s his first bike as well. He’s taken Motorcycle Safety courses and lots of hours of practice with me. Some people may think 800cc is a lot for a beginner but I believe it depends on the individual(maturity, experience, skill, etc). The engine has a decent amount of torque so you won’t have to rev it that high to take off. The bike has plenty of power to keep him moving with California 80+ mph traffic. These engines aren’t as smooth as some Japanese twins but has more character than let’s say a Triumph 900cc twin. He’s taken it down some gravel off-road trails with it and he loves the bike so far. I have a Scrambler as well and warned him of the heat(we live in Southern California) from the engine and exhaust on the right inner thigh on hot days if you’re stopped at traffic lights or just stopped for longer than a few seconds. He’s already noticed the heat since owning the bike but like me, he just deals with it. Pics of him(6ft2in/240ish lbs) for reference. I think you’ll enjoy the bike.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Cloud

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Vehicle

Tire Wheel Jeans Vehicle Automotive lighting

1 - 3 of 3 Posts