1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_0540.jpg
Stage 1 complete:

Includes a new performance termi pipe, ducati heated grips, ducati low seat,
Ducati brake reservoir cover, ducati bendable gear shift lever.

Stage 2:
Evotech rectifier guard, evotech oil cooler guard, ducati crash bars, Storm barkbusters hand guards, ducati performance handlebar bag, touratech side stand extender. Also talking to touratech about a custom skid plate.

Stage 3.
Evotech front and rear crash bobbins. Then possibly a light lithium battery and custom paint job to match th Urban Enduro. If that happens a side tank swap with camo.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Great build!

Add some decent handguards and remove the rubbers in the pegs?
Oh, and can you share which shift lever you installed?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are the handguards that I am planning on putting on the bike, and they should be decent:

Barkbusters VPS/STORM Backbones And Mounting Hardware For Handlebars 7/8 [Previously Installed]
Barkbusters Replacement Storm Plastic Guards

If they do not work I may look at the evotech ones, but I hope these work because frankly I want a bigger guard for winter time.

As far as the pegs, when I go off-road (something I am not planning on doing until after the first service and hopefully not before a decent skid plate), the rubber will come out. Maybe I will then go for bigger pegs but right now that is not a necessity.

This is the shift lever I installed:

Ducati Scrambler Off-Road Fold-Away Shift Pedal : 96280281A

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I did. Just not a fan of Cycra design. Tried the Pro-Bend ones and hated them so am looking at something else. Thank you for the write-up, just not my love :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi,

Love the look of the performance Termi pipe, can I ask was it specifically for the Sled or did you have to modify as it was made for the other Ducati Scramblers?
Also would love to hear the sound of it, any chance of a short video to hear it?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi,

Love the look of the performance Termi pipe, can I ask was it specifically for the Sled or did you have to modify as it was made for the other Ducati Scramblers?
Also would love to hear the sound of it, any chance of a short video to hear it?

This was not a Sled specific pipe. It actually did not quite fit--we had to slightly shave the body panel on that side and move the brake fluid reservoir out of the way. This was dealer done--I was their first guinea pig, and they did a phenomenal job. Sending a bit of a plug to Montgomeryville Ducati for their help.

When I go out for a ride I promise to take more pictures and a short video of the sound. I will say that the performance difference is felt--I almost accidentally wheelied while turning and in 1st because of the responsiveness. My guess is this pipe gave about a 6% boost to hp (I am basing that on my gearing and shifting).

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Funny enough I have an extra throttle tube one lying about from my 2015 EU. I think this one feels the same, but just heavier.
Install a pre-2017 throttle tube and be amazed. Turns the Sled into a short shifting, rip snorting puppy. Added 20% more fun for me.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Added the evotech oil cooler guard and rectifier guard. Also added the touratech sidestand extender. Tried the barkbusters...no bueno. Will look to other options. Posted pictures and video in my handguards thread. But as requested, here is a short video of the sound of the termi in action:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sometimes a favorable exchange rate is a beautiful thing. Ordered directly from evotech a tail tidy, front and rear bobbins, and the hand guards for 370 shipped. Since the barkbusters did not fit, will try the evotech route. Cheers!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update:

Added the evotech front and rear axle sliders. Also installed the evotech hand guards. The ducati shift pedal is also a no-go--due to the new change to this scrambler, it is simply not able to be installed. I will look for third party options or ask for your thoughts and opinions.

What is left is an evotech tail tidy install, a custom made skid plate for legitimate off-roading, crash bars (which are still coming from Italy), and possibly a different shift pedal if I can find one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice start dk! One thing I'd like to point out is... Don't weigh your bike down with endless adv stuff. A bike with endless weight added is not a better bike at all. The pipe & lithium battery ought to help keep the weight in check, although V-twins don't seem to take well to the lightweight batteries.
Enjoy your buildup!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
All farkles are on except tail tidy and tank grips. Also still waiting on crash bars. Had a friend of mine who is an engineer and machinist try to figure out a custom skid plate. I am waiting on the crash bars because the initial thought is to have the plate attach itself to the bolts on the bars. But blame Bologna who still hasn't shipped out my bars.

The images are all at the gallery. You can see it here:

http://www.scramblerforum.com/gallery/albums/desert-sled-build.681/

Hows it coming along dk? Got a pic with your farkles? Ride pictures?
You jumped right in - Lets hear it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts