Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
I would not be fitting a Lithium battery into anything not specifically engineered to work with a Lithium battery at this stage in the products development but that is just me based on the comments and discussions I have with battery experts almost every working day. Lithium scares the hell out of most people in the industry.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All the reviews I've read sound great, better starting power and minus 3kg. I actually bought it off a scrambler owner who used it for 6 months (he sold his bike) with no issues for the sum of £25. But what can happen? Can it blow up, frazzle the electrics or just die?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Theres a number of scrambler owners on here (over the years) that have installed them with no issues, reading into it the blowing up side is something the manufacturers say would definitely not happen, the only issues they state are charging with a lead battery charger.
What issues have you personally experienced?

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
There's Lithium Ion, and LiFePo4. LiFePo4 are much better than Lithium Ion (which can self combust in rare cases). OP has a LiFePo4

"The LiFePO4 batteries have more constant discharge voltage and are considered to offer better safety than other Lithium-based batteries."

Interesting read

Can it blow up, frazzle the electrics or just die?
Yes, yes and probably no not in the short term.
More like: not really, a good LiFePo4 won't easily blow up, it won't frazzle the bikes electrics (why would it? Really beats me) and yes it may just die one day, but not in the short term.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Better to be on the safe side Armo, and send it off - TO ME. :3some:
I've got the afternoon off to actually ride a bike in February! Unheard of ( except when I used to commute on one) so if my battery blows up I'll send it on :encouragement: hopefully it'll be fine and I'll just feel the weight saving from the wheels/battery and mudguards. Hope I put my brale disks on properly :cower:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts