Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm looking for tips on slip on exhausts for the Desert Sled that doesn't need a remap.
Found the Vance & Hines Hi-Output which they say don't need a remap. Anyone tried that?
Also been looking at the Zard Zuma, but that's is twice as much $$.

Regards Matthias

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
any update? I'm also not keen on going through the ECU flash process.. maybe eventually, but in the short term just want to lose the cat - is this a recipe for disaster?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Hi

I'm looking for tips on slip on exhausts for the Desert Sled that doesn't need a remap.
Found the Vance & Hines Hi-Output which they say don't need a remap. Anyone tried that?
Also been looking at the Zard Zuma, but that's is twice as much $$.

Regards Matthias
Plenty say they don't need a remap and often you can get away without it if you really don't want to....

But all the exhausts for the Scrambler bar the official Term shotgun/full throttle exhaust and a Remus TUV compliant, remove the cat.
This is a huge change to the exhaust and to have your bike run properly, you need a remap to adjust for this.

At best, decat exhaust with no remap will run sub-optimally but ok.
At worst (like mine did) it will smell weird, sound weird and feel very limp in the mid range.

You just don't get the benefit, besides lower weight without tuning the bike to the new exhaust. An out of the box Rexxer remap isn't that expensive and just a no brainer to go with your fancy new exhaust.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts