Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After about 200km my DS started giving that little click noise while just maintaining speed at about 3k-4k rpm. My wife has a 2015 classic that seems to make the same noise but it seems a little louder and more consistent. Does this seem normal?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems consistant. Its gone while idling and on the throttle just while maintaing speed with little throttle. It sounds like valve noise but im picky i guess.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont think so. Ive put my foot against them while riding and it doesnt seem to help. It runs grrat and sounds good otherwise. I was just wondering if anybody else sounds the same. Im terrible for over listening to things.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Max. But i think maybe im over thinking it. Ive never owned a ducati before so ill just keep riding until my first service and see how it goes.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
At least report it to your dealer.

Mine is pretty quiet for an aircooled engine actually. For which I think the belts help instead of a chain driving the cams...

·
Registered
151 Posts
I dont think so. Ive put my foot against them while riding and it doesnt seem to help. It runs grrat and sounds good otherwise. I was just wondering if anybody else sounds the same. Im terrible for over listening to things.
There is at least one spring you weren't able to touch with your foot while riding.

I will say, after swapping out my exhaust twice, the springs on my bike rattle and sing.

Take a video with your phone and upload it to youtube and reply with the link. That should help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again for the input! I have found it to be nothing but normal exhaust tick. My wifes classic makes a similar sound but it is just louder and more hard hitting since it is a 2015. Ive gotta start wearing earplugs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts