Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made some minor mods and wanted to share my experience with my 2019 DS. First two are for comfort and the second two are performance. Sargent Seat, SW Motech Ion footpegs, Booster Plug, Leo Vince GP One Slip-On.

I was neutral about the stock seat, it wasn’t terrible but wasn’t great either. As I understand it, this was an improved seat for 2019. It was better than the Super Tenere and way better than the BMW 650 Dakar (that was torture). I had tried a Sargent seat years ago on the Tenere and was not impressed and ended up sending it back under their trial return policy installed a DIY Seat Concepts that was much better but not great. I decided I wanted to try the Sargent again with the DS and they were running a sale w/ free shipping, so I placed an order. The seat is WAY better than stock, the tractor seat shape is awesome. I also feel like I am able to keep my seat better under acceleration and deceleration. Very happy with the purchase but my one complaint is the smaller under seat storage that has to be used for the tool roll. I liked to carry a small item in that space but no longer can, I’ll adjust.

The other comfort item I added are the SW Motech Ion footpegs. I didn’t like the stock ones and was very uncomfortable standing on them, they just don’t feel right. These Ion footpegs are much larger and you can lower them from stock position. These things are great; much better platform and more comfortable in the lower position (6’2”).

Quoted from other thread: Booster Plug. Easy install; had to remove the tank bolts to have some wiggle room but start-to-finish was about 20-25 minutes. Glad to say that it did NOT affect the temp reading on the speedo; but I think that is for 2019+ with the turning ABS.Overall happy with it. Idle is smoother. Idle in first gear still chugs along but adding throttle from 2-3 mph is much smoother and assured. Acceleration does feel better but not a huge difference. The biggest and most noticeable difference is decelerating and engine braking. Much smoother and less binary/snatchy when slowing. I think it's worth the price if only to run cooler.

Leo Vince GP One. WOW! This was a huge difference in performance. I know it doesn’t bring more HP but it definitely improves the power delivery with throttle input. Install was easy and they now make a bracket that mounts to the same spot as the stock exhaust. Can’t believe how heavy the cat is. It’s a bit louder which for me is a negative, I like super quiet bikes, but it’s not terrible and has a really cool sound. But who cares, I can’t say enough about the change in performance, really cool.

All four were winners for me,

·
Registered
9 Posts
That Leo Vince GP One would fit a 2018 Sled right? I don't think they changed the exhaust at all. I've been really wanting to get rid of the cat to shed some weight. Did it need a remap?

Edit: nvm I see in the title it says 2017 - 2020!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That Leo Vince GP One would fit a 2018 Sled right? I don't think they changed the exhaust at all. I've been really wanting to get rid of the cat to shed some weight. Did it need a remap?

Edit: nvm I see in the title it says 2017 - 2020!
I’ve only had it a few days, but everything I’ve read says you don’t need a remap, and I’m sure I’ll get fried for that. The articles written by the owner of Booster Plug convinced me it’s not necessary, and I wasn’t even sure that it would work that well in Colorado going from 6000’ to 10000 on many rides (what would I map for ?). I’ll keep an eye on the pipes for bluing and go from there. The other option is a Rapidbike Evo and let it do all the work.
Don’t know about the fit on a 2018. They should list the bikes. Leo Vince is/was running a 10% discount that Revzilla matched for me.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm the same height and hadn't thought of the footpegs. Are they grippy, any peg scrapes? Also how did you decide between them and the Evo?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm the same height and hadn't thought of the footpegs. Are they grippy, any peg scrapes? Also how did you decide between them and the Evo?
They are grippy, not MX grippy but work well and have the option for the rubber pads. I tended to scrape my toes but haven't noticed this is significantly different. I used to need to twist my right foot out a bit to keep it away from the brake, now there's plenty of room to stay clear.

I looked at th Evo but didn't see the need for that much adjustment and didn't think the price was worth it for me. When you install these, the foot peg will not just slide on to the adapter. You have to start the bolt, align the foot peg and then wrench it on to the adapter; real tight fit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gotcha, that's really helpful, thanks.

Last question, any issues with the extra clearance giving you less positive gear shifts?
I have not had that problem but I ride with stiff MX style boots and sort of move my whole lower leg to shift as opposed to rotating my ankle. It should give you more room and you can always adjust the shifter angle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts