Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given that the Scrambler is unashamedly a budget bike, designed for punters to spend more of their hard earned on more profitable extras (let's face it Ducati will get more for individual parts than if they were included as standard) what have you bought/will buy and what has it cost and will it cost all in when you're finished?

Me? I've bought the headlight trim and grille, cross bar, belly pan and heated grips. Think that was £360 on top of the £8100 of the bike......so £8460 all in, for me.

How much will you have spent? And would it have made more sense to have bought a higher spec different model bike?,

·
Registered
290 Posts
No bike yet Terry but what seems like a shed full of bling, its funny that you've started this thread as I've just been counting up what I've already spent and believe me you don't want to know!! and thats at cost price.

I think that the scrambler is following on from the monster in that its a blank canvas for the owner to mod till his or her's hearts content and thats what makes the money for ducati and the rest of the after market suppliers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Lets see...

Scrambler: $10600
Corbin Gunfighter seat: $450
Frame Sliders: $130
Front and rear Sliders:$150
Reflective shield for seat $30
JRI rear shock:$1000
Tail tidy: $150

misc paint to black out the exhaust sleeve/ft seat: $30

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$12510

To do list:

Front JRI cartridge: $1500
Zard exhaust: ???? (I don't even want to know)
PUK: ???? (I don't know why I need it but I do!)
A few thousand more and I should have bought the Augusta Dragster I was lusting about....:blob8:

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Given that the Scrambler is unashamedly a budget bike, designed for punters to spend more of their hard earned on more profitable extras (let's face it Ducati will get more for individual parts than if they were included as standard) what have you bought/will buy and what has it cost and will it cost all in when you're finished?

Me? I've bought the headlight trim and grille, cross bar, belly pan and heated grips. Think that was £360 on top of the £8100 of the bike......so £8460 all in, for me.

How much will you have spent? And would it have made more sense to have bought a higher spec different model bike?,
How much do Ducati charge for their Scrambler heated grips? Gonna pop into dealer tomorrow and ask to cancel the fly screen and go for the heated grips instead.

Thinking of adding the speedo gauge trim also.

·
Registered
85 Posts
As Perpetual Motion said, you don't want to know. Won't matter anyway until you feel it's enough or you run out of cash. Got the bike for $14,400 (taxes here is a killer). Mods, I expect to run up to another $5000 by the time am done. Could have gotten an Indian Scout for that bundle. :crybaby2:

·
Registered
46 Posts
s
Got the bike for $14,400 (taxes here is a killer). Mods, I expect to run up to another $5000 by the time am done. Could have gotten an Indian Scout for that bundle. :crybaby2:

Gotta love the bureaucracy in that country, almost 50% in taxes. Something I do not miss being from there myself. And hats of to all of you from the Philippines who can ride. I drew the line on driving a car there just because I'm in a cage...phenomenal combat driving skills you all have :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:.

·
Registered
Scrambler 1100
840 Posts
Maxton suspension £888
Bar end weights £13
Kreiga harness for tank £19
Total Spend to date = £920

Future purchase DP heated grips £180 fitted
Rexxer £230

Hand guards ?
Screen ?
That will be it not one for mods

My multi has only had a sat Nav mount and luggage

·
Registered
85 Posts
s

Gotta love the bureaucracy in that country, almost 50% in taxes. Something I do not miss being from there myself. And hats of to all of you from the Philippines who can ride. I drew the line on driving a car there just because I'm in a cage...phenomenal combat driving skills you all have :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:.
Hahaha. You should try Mumbai, Karachi and Ho Chi Minh City. You need Rambo skills there. :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Just an OE pannier kit for me, so maybe £250 or so? But I've replaced the grips, £10, carbon wrapped the exhaust heatshield, £3, numberboard screen, £15, and made a tail tidy and grabrail from scraps kicking around the workshop £ free :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Oh dear!

Bike was AUS$16600 for a classic.

Ceramic coated header pipes $400
Chrome tank $500
Billet aluminium clutch cover with plexiglass screen $1000
black powder coated tank panels and front mud guard
Said exhaust $1100
ducabike cam covers and inspection cover
m shock rear shock $750

new handlebars, grips, levers, tail tidy on order.

think I am addicted!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm not sure that this is a number that should be calculated, buying online after a couple of red wines is one thing, actually looking at what I've done is something else all together.

$14,500, bike
$ 1,400, pipe
$ 480, bags
$ 190, footpegs
$ 800, shock
$ 1,000, fork cartridges (fitted)
$ 400, comfort seat
$ 200, tail tidy
$ 300, H&B rear rack,
$ 450, classic guards,

$19,720

Way too much and that's without any real visual enhancements.

For less money I could have ridden away on a high tech Triumph Tiger 800, for not much more money a BMW R1200R

·
Registered
285 Posts
Bike: $9,500
Barkbusters: $160
Scrambler pegs: $200
Comfort Seat: $300
Saddlebags: $115
Scrambler speedo bezel: $125
JRi/SB Suspension rear shock: $1050
Dart wind screen: $140
TOTAL: $11,590

Upcoming mods:
Vinyl wrapping (white): $250
Front suspension (probably): ~$1,000
Corbin seat (maybe; would return Comfort seat): $400
Short levers: $30
NEW Total: $12,970

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Nitron shock £466.80
Evotech crash bungs £79.99
Seat sculpted £65
Panels powder coated £30
Frame plugs £8
New grips £6
New levers £25.49
Dart screen £79.95
Rear rack £82.50

Total extra spend: £843.73 (not including certain items of clothing :D)

So including cost of bike £7030 = £7873.73

Probably one more mod which will be the front forks which will take it over £8k and if they made a tank for it that gave it extra capacity without ruining it's looks, I'd go for that too!

I wouldn't consider getting a higher spec bike because there aren't many (any??) out there that suit me so well! If I can get this bike to as near perfect for my needs (and it is nearly) it's money well spent :)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I'm not sure that this is a number that should be calculated, buying online after a couple of red wines is one thing, actually looking at what I've done is something else all together.
Hahaha know the feeling well - red wine has a lot to answer for :very_drunk:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Total £5900 bought it when it was 2 months old! The owner wanted something bigger for him and his wife. Bike came with heated grips and yellow bikini fairing also had the first service done and was as new I've added r&g crash mushrooms £74.99.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Throttle tamer £60 ish
FT bars fitted £140 ish
rear rack £80 ish
set of Bitwell thruster grips £21 (I remembered mainly cos I'm still waiting for them 7/8" over here rare as hens teeth)
Kreiga US20 bag £75
kreiga tank harness £20
to come
Dart Screen £75
Alter seat for gel pads would like to do more than 50 miles without arse ache! (winter project)
get second cartridge for front fork then think about rear suspension

oh and a Oxford love handle set to keep the wife mostly on the back!!!! £25

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nothing so far, except petrol :)

I'm thinking about the following though
Suspension, front and rear
Tail Tidy
Power Up Kit (when available)
Maybe a bit of a colour change
Possibly some bar end mirrors