Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had my Full Throttle for about 18 months and I’ve mostly loved it. Unfortunately, I was finding the low power output more and more intrusive in my riding pleasure. So I was very exited when I heard Ducati were bringing out an 1100 version, I even liked the look of the Sport model. That excitement sooon waned when I read the specs and discovered there wasn’t a lot of extra power. So I contacted my local BMW dealer and arranged a test ride on the 12 r and the r nine t. Loved both bikes. The 12 r has a bit more power but the r nine t looks superb in the flesh, so to speak, and it sounds great with the Acrapovic cans. I am now the proud owner of a 2015 model with only 1500 miles on the clock and it came with a full BMW warranty. I know I’ve got the right bike because all I’ve done to it since buying it 3 weeks ago is remove the rear subframe and I bought a tail tidy with L E D lights and a Sargent seat (best seat I’ve ever ridden on), that’s all I want to do to it. The BMs not as agile as the Scrambler but it makes up for that in so many other ways, and as I’m getting used to it I find I can ride it just as aggressively. I love it. I’m very grateful to everyone on this site for all the information and advice. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I’ve had my Full Throttle for about 18 months and I’ve mostly loved it. Unfortunately, I was finding the low power output more and more intrusive in my riding pleasure. So I was very exited when I heard Ducati were bringing out an 1100 version, I even liked the look of the Sport model. That excitement sooon waned when I read the specs and discovered there wasn’t a lot of extra power. So I contacted my local BMW dealer and arranged a test ride on the 12 r and the r nine t. Loved both bikes. The 12 r has a bit more power but the r nine t looks superb in the flesh, so to speak, and it sounds great with the Acrapovic cans. I am now the proud owner of a 2015 model with only 1500 miles on the clock and it came with a full BMW warranty. I know I’ve got the right bike because all I’ve done to it since buying it 3 weeks ago is remove the rear subframe and I bought a tail tidy with L E D lights and a Sargent seat (best seat I’ve ever ridden on), that’s all I want to do to it. The BMs not as agile as the Scrambler but it makes up for that in so many other ways, and as I’m getting used to it I find I can ride it just as aggressively. I love it. I’m very grateful to everyone on this site for all the information and advice. Thanks.
I have to say I have a soft spot for the R nine T. I'll probably not test ride just in case.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jakthedog, have you ridden the SCR1100??
No. I bought the r nine t just before the 1100 Scrambler came out because I wasn’t impressed by the power increase over the 800. I did consider a Hypermotard and a Monster because I love Ducati, but I test rode the r nine t and put a deposit down as soon as I returned from the ride.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Love the look of the r nine t and the 800 scram does need another 10bhp but fun per pound it still wins (only just)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Love the look of the r nine t and the 800 scram does need another 10bhp but fun per pound it still wins (only just)
I did love my time with my FT and I certainly have no regrets buying it. Ideally, like any other biker, I’d have at least two bikes but alas, I will never be able to afford that.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'll very likely have an R nineT next - hopefully the sport version.
Test rode one a couple of months back and the only thing stopping me buying one this year is the the amount I've spent on my Icon... all the cost of the upgrades would be lost .. so I think it makes more sense to keep the Icon for a year and get the RnineT next year.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I'll very likely have an R nineT next - hopefully the sport version.
Test rode one a couple of months back and the only thing stopping me buying one this year is the the amount I've spent on my Icon... all the cost of the upgrades would be lost .. so I think it makes more sense to keep the Icon for a year and get the RnineT next year.
I know that feeling! I spent about £1500 on my FT in the 18 months I owned it, but after riding the nine t I just had to bite the bullet and buy it.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Had BMW produced this:
BMW-Lac-Rose-R-nineT-Dakar-Rally-concept-16.jpg

instead of this:
p90235456.jpeg

I would have bought the BMW instead of the DS. But as it is now, they've shown us whiskey and selling us tea....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Had BMW produced this:
View attachment 33241

instead of this:
View attachment 33249

I would have bought the BMW instead of the DS. But as it is now, they've shown is whiskey and selling us tea....
It’s all horses for courses isn’t it. I hate the look of the top one but think the bottom one is almost passable. Not sure what it has to do with the Scrambler or the Nine T though!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I demo rode the BMW R Nine T, sweet bike and powerful. I love the G/S look. But, will I buy it? No thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts