Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1305 Posts

·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I took the Classic to Ducati Manchester to get a very, very minor oil weeping sorted. All done now and it's ready for the weekend trip to Scotland on Friday :)

Whilst I was there someone turned up on a Classic but with the FT seat. I have to say it looked rubbish. The burnt orange and the yellow of the FT seat are like chalk and cheese.

If this was your bike then I apologise for saying it's rubbish. But it is. :p

·
Registered
424 Posts
So today I finished the yard work. Got home from a trip to Utah on Sunday, so whilst I was gone, the grass got a bit tall.

Luckily, my grandson came for a pillion ride on the Scrambler....we both enjoyed that.

After dinner, I watched some of my GoPro video from my June Scrambler trip to the Smokies. The Tail of the Dragon, the Back of the Dragon, Cruso Rd, the Devil's Whip, the Diamondback, the Snake, some dirt fire roads, the Crooked Rd, an Alpine-like switchback rd through Pensacola, NC that turned from paved to dirt @ the peak.

And last but not least...dessert...coffee gelato & chocolate cheesecake.

Pretty good day.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Dropped mine off at the dealer for break-in service. I'm hoping to get it back tomorrow then, fingers crossed, a trip to the coast this weekend. :D

·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Today will be intense as I'm going to have to tie up some loose ends at work, or at least get them to a stage that will take me through to next Tuesday.

This evening I will be packing for my trip to Scotland, though I will be travelling very light. It's a 5am start in the morning! :eek:

·
2,624 Posts
I did a deal on a new bike yesterday :D

Think the weather forecast was a little out El , think it may be a little better than first expected, :)

·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did a deal on a new bike yesterday :D

Think the weather forecast was a little out El , think it may be a little better than first expected, :)
Ooh whatcha bought mister?

Hopefully the weather wont be too bad, but I'm taking waterproofs regardless :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Got home late from work today, I have put new adjustable levers on my scrambler! But sadly I didn't go for a ride:(

·
Registered
158 Posts
But on the scrambler alloy foot pegs - 2 mins to compete.
Feels much more stable under foot and holds my boots better (even without the optional pins supplied with pegs) when they are wet.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I had an awesome ride today! Don't know why it seemed particularly good (I enjoy it every time anyway) - I have been fiddling with the shock adjustment but just put it back to original setting, put some new handgrips on, and there was practically NOTHING on the road in front of me the whole way to the Ponderosa :D. Met up with Duchess, Cag and a new Scrambler rider (he's not on the forum - yet).

I've now done over 3000 miles and enjoyed every single one of them :toothy4:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Had a great run out today, good bikes, good company, perfect weather, it can't get any better than this.

Had bike seven weeks and covered 1500 miles, think this is going to be a well used bike. Great to have a bike that's fun, won't be putting this one on a pedestal in the house.

Thanks Ducati.

·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've finished work till Tuesday. :)

Came home, packed and got my gear ready for tomorrow's trip to Scotland :headbang::headbang:

Pity the weathers going to be rubbish [arghh]

·
Registered
824 Posts
El Toro I will do a little dance to the weather Gods hope that helps!!
Cag lovely to meet you yesterday shame I wasn't on Scrambler, hope to see everyone next meet on Octavia!
Lovely to see you again Gill , your bike looks well loved! Pleased you enjoying it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Today I took the Classic to Ducati Manchester to get a very, very minor oil weeping sorted. All done now and it's ready for the weekend trip to Scotland on Friday :)

Whilst I was there someone turned up on a Classic but with the FT seat. I have to say it looked rubbish. The burnt orange and the yellow of the FT seat are like chalk and cheese.

If this was your bike then I apologise for saying it's rubbish. But it is. :p
I have to say, there are quite a lot of ugly Scramblers out there! I hope the longer folks have to try things and see what other people are doing, the better the customizing will get. Maybe when more aftermarket parts are available? Sorry to go off topic, had to concur!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts

Came home, packed and got my gear ready for tomorrow's trip to Scotland :headbang::headbang:

Is it ever not rubbish in Scotland? :rolleyes: Hope you get a few dry days - when I was there early June I did feel sorry for the bikers laden with luggage battling through torrential rain and wind!

·
Registered
126 Posts

Really feel for you guys. The weather ( wind in particular) is so so bad up here right now.

1 - 20 of 1305 Posts