Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2DGT handlebar system in black. This is for stock size handlebars, but reducers can be purchased for 7/8" bars if needed. Micro adjusts independently both forward/rearward and up/down about 25mm (1"). I installed these and decided I needed even more rearward placement-short arms I guess. Great engineering and manufacturing, high-quality and easy install. These fit all models of Ducati Scramblers. They run about $195 plus shipping, and it can take a LONG TIME. Gilles is a small volume manufacturer in Luxembourg-I was told 5-6 weeks and it took 3 months. $165 plus shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
2DGT handlebar system in black. This is for stock size handlebars, but reducers can be purchased for 7/8" bars if needed. Micro adjusts independently both forward/rearward and up/down about 25mm (1"). I installed these and decided I needed even more rearward placement-short arms I guess. Great engineering and manufacturing, high-quality and easy install. These fit all models of Ducati Scramblers. They run about $195 plus shipping, and it can take a LONG TIME. Gilles is a small volume manufacturer in Luxembourg-I was told 5-6 weeks and it took 3 months. $165 plus shipping.
What have you got now?
I am in a similar predicament despite having fitted Icon bars to my FTP. Btw I found the Gilles risers are too wide for Icon bars. Also even with three washers they are not as high as the oem mounts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They fit very well on my Desert Sled, raised it 25mm and rearward 25mm. I don’t know about the other models-just that Gilles says it fits “all models”. That’s unfortunate you had difficulties with them, what a pain. I just installed a ROX riser, it brought the bars back another inch, although it raised them a bit more than I prefer. The fit was mediocre-I had to do some grinding on the OEM top plate that holds the original bars down, so the ROX would pivot rearward enough. The way the ROX fit down into the stock bottom plate isn’t perfect either, but all in all it works. I much prefer the Gilles product, just didn’t bring the bars back far enough for my old back and short arms I guess.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
They fit very well on my Desert Sled, raised it 25mm and rearward 25mm. I don’t know about the other models-just that Gilles says it fits “all models”. That’s unfortunate you had difficulties with them, what a pain. I just installed a ROX riser, it brought the bars back another inch, although it raised them a bit more than I prefer. The fit was mediocre-I had to do some grinding on the OEM top plate that holds the original bars down, so the ROX would pivot rearward enough. The way the ROX fit down into the stock bottom plate isn’t perfect either, but all in all it works. I much prefer the Gilles product, just didn’t bring the bars back far enough for my old back and short arms I guess.
Thanks.
Might try them for my 60 year old back and short arms. :3some:

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Icon bars are 7/8" at the clamp, these risers are for 1 1/8" bars. But as the seller mentioned, you can buy shims to make your bars fit.

Or do you mean width between the left and right clamp? That indeed can be a problem. The DS (and FTP) bars just barely fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts