Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
A cheap option to extend rear fender is extender from Scrambler Sixty2 4601C881B
but installation needs some drilling and cutting.
Helps, but it is not total protection.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Classic fender in white looks really cool.
Yes it does! In my humbler opinion Ducati should make this fender in glossy white plastic and it should be the standard fender on the Sled.

I have purchased the fender and was getting quotes for painting and vinyl wrap, I think I'll try the vinyl wrap to see how long it lasts as it's less than 1/2 the cost of having it painted.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know this doesn't cover a great area but it covers the center. It should stop that strip of mud on my jacket.
IMG_20181103_163723.jpg

·
Registered
733 Posts
I had the classic fender on my 800 Icon - and still used to get splash on my back...

I purchased a rear hugger from Power Bronze... That helped a little... but again did not fix it...

The other option - was that you could leave the low down rear splash protector fitted onto the Icon on as well - but not sure if that fits onto the Sled... you need the bolt holes on the swing arm...

upload_2018-11-4_16-52-10.png

·
Registered
23 Posts
As a new DS rider, I'm astounded by the amount of mud splash on my back :/

I'm thinking about fitting the plastic flap from Sixty2 into the DS.
https://img.newatlas.com/2016-ducati-scrambler-sixty2-20.jpg?auto=format,compress&fit=max&h=670&q=60&w=1000&s=1eb38ef21204eda9700b9b7f205613a6
What else are my options?
Here is a very cheap alternative: I bought a used plastic mudguard for $10, trimmed it down and bolted it using two stock bolt holes and two on the eco-tech tidy I had installed. Plastic-dipped in black. It's not as nice-looking as the white CLASSIC pictured by some on the thread, but it is cheap and helped quite a bit.
IMG_0312.jpg
IMG_0303.jpg
IMG_0301.jpg

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hi

That looks a good idea... but does it actually work?

Because I have a similar issue with my 1100.... when out on it Saturday... I returned home with the back of my jacket completely covered in salty water.... had to jet wash the jacket as well as the bike..

·
Registered
894 Posts
Won’t an 800 hugger fit to the 1100? It looks the same in pictures.

Or fit a top box, somewhere to carry spare gloves and butties.

Sorry for none UK butties are sandwiches:3some:

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
No 800 and 1100 are different

A hugger only protects the shock and exhaust anyway (maybe a small amout the rest) due to its location and wheel rotation direction

·
Registered
23 Posts
I
Hi

That looks a good idea... but does it actually work?

Because I have a similar issue with my 1100.... when out on it Saturday... I returned home with the back of my jacket completely covered in salty water.... had to jet wash the jacket as well as the bike..
It definitely helped with the spray on my back.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts