Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am one of those people that will read a manual page for page when I get a new vehicle and I did find some interesting info that the dealer delivery person didn't mention. One was all the features that you can set and cycle through by using the button on the left side controls, the other was an interesting bit about the turn signals would self cancel after a specific distance as long as the speed wasn't too high, but I believe it was quite a distance before they would.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I frequently find my self obsessively clicking the cancel button even after I've cancelled.

I do the same thing, especially now. Last weekend I was riding downtown in pretty slow traffic. A traffic cop standing on the corner flagged me down. I thought he was going to ask about my Scrambler. Nope. He said "Are you turning?" I said "no". He then responded "your blinker has been on for the last 3 blocks". Oops. :violent1:

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
I frequently find my self obsessively clicking the cancel button even after I've cancelled.
I do the same thing, but on my Ducati when I do this, if the turn signal isn't on it cycles through sport/race/wet mode :(

·
Registered
120 Posts
I can't believe in 2015 a new bike model doesn't self-cancel the indicators. My last two bikes were Harley's which are meant to be dinosaurs - and yet they had self-cancel after you turn, keyless start with proximity fob, alarm with the same fob, gear shift indicator, digital fuel gauge counting down kms to go, etc... I expected ducati to be high-tech after seeing the colour dash on the Panigale

·
Registered
941 Posts
I can't believe in 2015 a new bike model doesn't self-cancel the indicators. My last two bikes were Harley's which are meant to be dinosaurs - and yet they had self-cancel after you turn, keyless start with proximity fob, alarm with the same fob, gear shift indicator, digital fuel gauge counting down kms to go, etc... I expected ducati to be high-tech after seeing the colour dash on the Panigale
If you want a high tech Ducati then you could always pay double for the MS

·
Registered
764 Posts
I never seem to go slow enough for them to self cancel :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
It works, think its less than 80kph and after 500 metres, tried it a few weeks ago. Could turn off sooner really.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
We can have all those things if we're happy to pay more for the product. Kind of blows the 'back to basics' idea out the window though.
I already own space ships and I bought a Scrambler to get away from all the shyte. Less is more.

·
Registered
120 Posts
We can have all those things if we're happy to pay more for the product. Kind of blows the 'back to basics' idea out the window though.
I already own space ships and I bought a Scrambler to get away from all the shyte. Less is more.
When I can buy a basic mobile phone for $20 (Nokia), a basic digital camera for $30 and a non-brand tablet for $50 I suddenly find it incredibly hard to believe that adding a self-cancelling indicator and a fuel gauge would increase the overall cost of our bikes. It might reduce Ducati's margin by $10 at the end of the day... Boohoo.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
When I can buy a basic mobile phone for $20 (Nokia), a basic digital camera for $30 and a non-brand tablet for $50 I suddenly find it incredibly hard to believe that adding a self-cancelling indicator and a fuel gauge would increase the overall cost of our bikes. It might reduce Ducati's margin by $10 at the end of the day... Boohoo.
You're right, I don't think it would add any cost or if it does it won't be much for extra of functions to an already programed system.
I think the point is, I for one don't want it. In fact I think there's too much crap on it as it is which I have to accept.
This isn't meant the way it will come across in writing but, If you require more modern features then maybe a Scrambler is not for you.
If the dash wasn't part of the diagnostics etc. I would gladly swop it out for analogue.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well if you don't spend any money on developing engines or chassis, you have plenty to put into electronics!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I saw something in the manual that if you do a wheelie for too long it may affect the ABS operation. I imagine because the front wheel stops spinning during really long wheelies. I thought it was interesting to find in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
564 Posts
But did they go around bends?!.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
619 Posts
I saw something in the manual that if you do a wheelie for too long it may affect the ABS operation. I imagine because the front wheel stops spinning during really long wheelies. I thought it was interesting to find in the owner's manual.
so I should turn abs off first?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Prolonged wheelies. Hehe...

If you have a wheelie lasting longer than 4 hours, you may want to consult your mechanic. ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts