Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really annoyed that when needed, car drivers are struggling to hear my road runner 'meep meep' OEM horn. Been researching and seems that the Denali Superbomb mini is a plug n play solution. Anyone running with one or the louder soundbomb?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
In all my years of riding bikes and for that matter driving in general. I don't remember using the horn.

·
Registered
182 Posts
In all my years of riding bikes and for that matter driving in general. I don't remember using the horn.
It took me until around the 10K km mark to use the horn on my Icon. Man, was I shocked and embarrassed at the puny squark emitted.:embarrassed: A solution will be found.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I've no personal experience with the Soundbomb, but I am already planning on installing a Hella Supertone in place of the stock horn. The Supertone is a disc horn just like stock, and while I think it'll be a little wider in diameter, making a slightly larger bracket shouldn't be an issue. The Supertones are sold in pairs which are tuned to a dissonant interval so as to be more "annoying" when you sound them, but you can run just one of them without issue. I mounted one on my old BMW a long time ago and it's been great. They're rated at 118 dB, which is nice and loud.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Really annoyed that when needed, car drivers are struggling to hear my road runner 'meep meep' OEM horn. Been researching and seems that the Denali Superbomb mini is a plug n play solution. Anyone running with one or the louder soundbomb?
New rider here but I also haven't used my horn. I use my throttle to let cars know I'm there and avoid riding in blind spots.

I still might replace the OEM horn in the summer when I'm bored.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I literally just installed a Fiamm horn (basically what the soundblaster mini is..maybe they even manufacture the Soundblaster?) It's basically a car horn. It's fucking loud!! Plus, it was only about $13 on Amazon. The only difficult part of the installation is slightly rerouting the wiring and mounting the damn thing... it's a bit larger than the OEM part!

I was just looking to find out what others have done for mounting solutions and stumbled upon this thread. So, if anyone has some good solutions for mounting bracket mods, please let me know.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not prettiest install... but here's how I installed dual PIAA horns. Note: 3rd pic, I originally planned to use a bracket from the coal canister, but realized there was already a bracket on the bike I could bolt on to. Loud AF. I don't use them often, but glad they are there when I do.

I'm open to suggestions on how I could make it look better...?

·
Registered
954 Posts
When I marshal on pro cycling races I can use the horn literally thousands of times a day. We have to move from the rear of the event past all the support vehicles, the team cars and past the riders to get back to the front. You ride with your left thumb constantly tooting the horn. Interestingly almost none of the marshals use anything other than the standard horn on their bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts