1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_7087.JPG
IMG_7086.JPG
IMG_7085.JPG
had my 7500 service done a few weeks back and rode it for the first time today and the bike definitely feels more vibey, (an exhaust valve needed adjusting) I know if I take it back and complain they'll just say it's a v twin (L) they all do that! But I've looked at my plugs and they are different colours, one looks perfect and the top cylinder looks lean, is this normal? Has anyone noticed the same?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I'm not technical at all.
What do you mean by 'vibey'?
Regards the plugs, isn't that something that a service should pick up and rectify?
I'm getting more and more concerned about Ducati. This is my first new bike and I thought the first couple of years would be trouble free (unless I drop it).

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not technical at all.
What do you mean by 'vibey'?
Regards the plugs, isn't that something that a service should pick up and rectify?
I'm getting more and more concerned about Ducati. This is my first new bike and I thought the first couple of years would be trouble free (unless I drop it).
Vibey as in more vibes through the bars and pegs than before the service but not bad bad just more tingly vibes after 4000 revs. The plugs in my view should be the same colour, maybe it might be an air leak.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well, don´t know if this fits the subject, but I drove a Harley a couple years ago, an Evolution, aircooled like the Scramblers.

And there always was a difference between the front and the back cylinder, especially in hot conditions.
Someone told me, that the back cylinder always is hotter, for getting the hot air from the front cylinder when driving.
If a piston broke or something it was almost every time on the rear cylinder.

If this helps?
I don´t know.

But as the others said, a Ducati mechanic should know what´s going on.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, its off back to Ducati on the 19th to get it checked out, it was fine before it went for its 7500 service so maybe the apprentice put it back together wrong:ambivalence:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts