Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again. Posted a thread recently on my high oil consumption, which, thanks to many ideas and suggestion here, lead me to check my spark plugs (I'm a real rookie at this stuff and did not think to do so before). They are definitely in need of change, with the top one in particular being fouled. Apologize in advance if this topic has been covered many times, but did not find a thread on it specifically. But is stock the way to go when replacing the spark plugs, or are there better options? I have a 2015 Icon, with the full throttle termi exhaust and a K&N airfilter and 24,000 km on the clock. Would these small mods necessitate a change from stock plugs to something else? Someone I spoke with suggested I might be running leaner than a stock Icon because of the mods, and I might want a different plug as a result. Does this make sense? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Keep them stock.

Your bike is actually near stock, considering the Termi Evo exhaust does not require any modifications.

How long have you had the K&N by the way?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keep them stock.

Your bike is actually near stock, considering the Termi Evo exhaust does not require any modifications.

How long have you had the K&N by the way?
Yeah I didn't think the mods were significant either. But figured people would ask. The K&N airfilter is pretty new, only the last 1000 miles. My oil consumption/clutch troubles predate its installation. And would assume the fouling of my spark plugs as well. As far as the exhaust goes, I received the bike with the termi exhaust already installed.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Fouling plugs is a symptom of something more serious issue. You mention oil consumption problem which seems like that is the place to begin. I know you posted about that in a separate thread. If that's solved then just pop a new plug in.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Could also be caused by short stints in combination with some oil consumption, as chesterburnet mentioned.

That said, before you jump to conclusions you may want to give your plugs some decent work first. Like a few hundred freeway miles and then check them after the engined cooled down.

·
Registered
182 Posts
stock are OK, they do the job, but I find that NGK Iridiums are better and give a longer service life,

DCR8EIX

·
Registered
734 Posts
agree with "rider", I have very good experience with NGK Iridiums on my cars, and will replace my bike spark plug with NGK when times/millage comes..

·
Registered
481 Posts
stock are OK, they do the job, but I find that NGK Iridiums are better and give a longer service life,

DCR8EIX
Manual says to change them at 24,000 km. Is this adequate or should it be done sooner? Does age of the bike/spark plugs matter?

Also, is the product code DCPR8EIX?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts