Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
Was wondering if anyone had success with calibrating speedometer to show accurate results. I wanted the SpeedoHealer v4, but it will not work with my 2019 Desert Sled as the Scrambler has ABS wheel sensors only and no dedicated speedometer sensor. Has anyone come up with anther solution?

·
Registered
981 Posts
This question has been asked on every motorcycle forum about every motorcycle time and time again. Speedos on all bikes and most cars read slightly fast because it shields the manufacturers from claims that the owner was riding at the indicated posted limit but was ticketed. It also allows for minor differences in readings as tyres wear and their diameter decreases. It is 100% legal as speedo variation is allowed in every country that I am aware of.
Odometers on the other hand are generally 100% accurate for the distance traveled. Because the speedo reads fast it does not mean that the odometer is also inaccurate.
If you want an accurate speed reading the easiest way to do it is fit a GPS and ride based on its speed reading.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Little know fact, many automotive gps’s devices add one or two miles to the displayed current speed (for the same reason).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts