Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick note...If your speedo is just the slight bit dusty, don't wipe it off with your fingetips. Use a lens cloth or maybe a damp rag. I have lots of little scratches on mine that came from wiping off everyday riding dust. I think i will try to buff it out by hand, first testing in an inconspicuous spot. Just a heads up.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Well that sucks! Thanks for the heads up, I regularly use my gloves to remove dirt and grime from my old speedos and would have done the same here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I did the same thing, but even used a soft cloth to wipe the dust off. Scratches everywhere now. That cover must be made of cheese.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah. Even though it's a cost effective Ducati, they cut a few corners in places. It would have cost just a few more cents to use scratch resistant polycarbonate or even glass.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I use this stuff to polish plastic, metal, paint, etc.. I think it's just white clay suspended in liquid. It makes things shiny and doesn't cost as much as the other stuff. There may be better products on the market, but I wouldn't know since this has suited my needs for the past 15 years in terms of turning yellow headlamps back to clear or taking swirl marks out of paint jobs. It will take away lacquer paint though, so don't get too crazy.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Even cheap notebooks are going to gorilla glass. That is an inexcusable cost cutting measure since scratches will also introduce flare. Post which product seems to work to remove the scratches!

Stu

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Even cheap notebooks are going to gorilla glass. That is an inexcusable cost cutting measure since scratches will also introduce flare. Post which product seems to work to remove the scratches!

Stu
Will do once I try it. Going to go with the Flitz.

·
Registered
965 Posts

Stu
As I replied earlier I have used McGuires Plastic Polish on everything from windshields to gauges and it will remove any scratch that is not deep into the material.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts