Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an icon scrambler with spoked wheels, recently I took the rear wheel out to fit a new tyre, now there seems to be a gap between the sprocket carrier and the rear wheel hub. It's about 2 MM and just am not sure if it was there before, I have had the rear wheel out a few times and can't see anything wrong. Am I being paranoid ? Can some one tell me how big the gap should be or even better take a photo for me?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
IMG_7401.JPG
i have an icon scrambler with spoked wheels, recently I took the rear wheel out to fit a new tyre, now there seems to be a gap between the sprocket carrier and the rear wheel hub. It's about 2 MM and just am not sure if it was there before, I have had the rear wheel out a few times and can't see anything wrong. Am I being paranoid ? Can some one tell me how big the gap should be or even better take a photo for me?
I've just done exactly the same thing and ended up taking my wheel back off only to find it's meant to be like that. Check the gap at the bottom of the sprocket carrier.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I've checked two I have here and both have a gap so I would say it's normal. The cushe drive needs a gap or it would chaff as it flexes.
Hope this helps.

Hub gap.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts