Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2500 miles on the Icon scrambler it has had its first service no check engine light started after 300 miles it started stalling at green lights it has done it in my driveway getting out in to traffics hot cold. It has started coughing when down shifting. It's acting like a carbureted motor's primary jet is clogged And as we all know it's fuel injected . Any tips would be greatly appreciated my dealership has not had any problems like this

·
Registered
965 Posts
I have seen reports of the canister for the emissions causing this, was there by chance a time when you may have slightly overfilled the tank at a fill up?

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I agree with Dave, thats the first thing to check out, Just check the plug caps are pushed down too,

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Matthew,

Where are you located? The evap canister is only on the bikes in North America.

Sarah

·
Registered
20 Posts
I removed my evap can after my first tank of gas and there was a noticeable difference. It almost felt as if the bike was more eager to go rather than being bogged down.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I removed my evap can after my first tank of gas and there was a noticeable difference. It almost felt as if the bike was more eager to go rather than being bogged down.
I have looked on line on how to remove it. I'm not sure how to do it. Any place I might find directions top help me with that

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Hope you'll have a chance to pull that evap canister off before the trip. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Sarah

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the advice I took the canister off ,stopped over filling it. I have 3300 miles on it now And it has stalled probably four times since I've removed the evap canister off. If anyone hears of anything different I sure would like to know. My next step is probably going to be an exhaust. Trying get you new mapping on the throttle

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
If your bike is stalling, there is something wrong. It's under warranty, have it looked at instead of just throwing stuff at a wall and hoping it will stick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yes the bike is stock as it came from the dealer. Should I use high octane fuel.
Go with the best petrol you can find (Shell, BP, Chevron, ect.), 91 octane, minimum. Try to avoid any off-brands or 'stand alone" locations- they typically buy the cheapest products available.

As others have said, get your motor to the dealer... ASAP!

Cliff

1 - 20 of 23 Posts