Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wonder if you guys/gals could opine on the following.

I need to fit my soon to be painted rear fender and also be able to clean and lube the chain. Who knows what fairly easy tasks may arise in the future. Maybe cleaning the bike will be easier with a stand (not undertaken this yet I'm afraid - not my favourite pastime).

I am not a mechanic and will not be doing major work.

The ABBA superbike stand seems to get positive reviews. It has special fittings for our Scramblers. It is about £110 or £130 (bought as superbike package 2) with the front lift arm (direct from ABBA).

What do you think/recommend?:confused-48:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hello

I've got an Abba Superbike stand and it's perfect.

Just one important thing : for a Desert Sled, it is a little bit too short and you need to put a 4 cm height wood block (or equivalent) under it to really lift the rear wheel.

For the DS, you need to buy the Monster 1200 kit instead of the Scrambler kit, as the frame is different for the DS.

When I bought mine, Abba told me that they will deliver a specific kit for the DS in november 2017, but I'm still waiting for it. So my "made in my garage" kit works perfectly.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

Have heard about nws ultipro and ultimoto but can only get second hand now.

Also waiting for becker-technic. de to confirm if theirs fits the 800 Scrambler. It's quite a bit cheaper than the abba.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
For lubing the chain and generally working on the bike I use a $30 stand from Harbor Freight. Very stable when you use it with a steel pipe going through the axle....

IMG_3271.jpg

You can't use it like this for removing the wheel though.

I did come with two brackets that grab under the swingarm, but with the shape of the swingarm this setup looks to be more stable to me....

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hello
It did come with two brackets that grab under the swingarm, but with the shape of the swingarm this setup looks to be more stable to me....
You're right. I also had a rear stand like yours, but when I needed to remove the rear wheel, I lifted the bike with support under the footpegs because it wasn't stable enough on the bike stand.

With the Abba stand, there's no stability problem any more, even when removing the wheel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts