Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
Thank you for the feedback.
I just buought ths bike. andi feel that the throttle is a bit "on/Off". has that somthing to do with this settings?
Can that be modified?

BG
Rune

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Throttle on a Scrambler is always a bit on/off, hmm.

At least make sure the throttle goes as smooth as possible.

·
Registered
788 Posts
As Max says, 'RACE' means it's had the ECU remapped using the Termignoni up-map. Does the bike have the Termi race exhaust.

The Scrambler is well known to have a sharp throttle. Some like it, some don't.

The throttle cam from the 2017 and later bikes is apparently a lot smoother, or you can go after market. Things like throttle tamers etc...

·
Registered
941 Posts
Race will show up if any different map is on the ECU other then the standard map. It does not just apply to the map that is added alongside the Termi silencer.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Race will show up if any different map is on the ECU other then the standard map. It does not just apply to the map that is added alongside the Termi silencer.
Take with a pinch of salt but this was explained to me by my dealer, as a lot of maps being available via Rexxer modules actually being modified versions of the Termi map.

Which isn’t created by Termi at all. All done by a 3rd party under license by Ducati. Likely the same company that develops the mapping for the base bike.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Take with a pinch of salt but this was explained to me by my dealer, as a lot of maps being available via Rexxer modules actually being modified versions of the Termi map.

Which isn’t created by Termi at all. All done by a 3rd party under license by Ducati. Likely the same company that develops the mapping for the base bike.
That could well be the case though never had any hint of this from the boss at Rexxer.eu when we were sending emails back and forth as he developed their first maps for the scrambler. Then again why would he want to share info like that when they lead you to believe it is their own work and you just automatically assume it is made from scratch. Maybe Rexxer make the standard maps, that would explain a lot as they have many maps covering many Ducati models

·
Registered
788 Posts
That could well be the case though never had any hint of this from the boss at Rexxer.eu when we were sending emails back and forth as he developed their first maps for the scrambler. Then again why would he want to share info like that when they lead you to believe it is their own work and you just automatically assume it is made from scratch. Maybe Rexxer make the standard maps, that would explain a lot as they have many maps covering many Ducati models
Dealer's tend to say a lot of things, not all of it correct so I have no idea if it had any truth to it. With the modern supply chain for cars and bikes though, having a 3rd party doing the ECU tuning makes sense. I imagine there is very little work done 'in-house' at Ducati beyond design & assembly, it's the VAG way.
I believe Rexxer might have something to do with this mysterious 3rd party, that's what the dealership believed. The company behind Rexxer is the one making maps for a lot of the industry.. Modern ECU's are very locked down. Rexxer must have gotten that access somehow.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Dealer's tend to say a lot of things, not all of it correct so I have no idea if it had any truth to it. With the modern supply chain for cars and bikes though, having a 3rd party doing the ECU tuning makes sense. I imagine there is very little work done 'in-house' at Ducati beyond design & assembly, it's the VAG way.
I believe Rexxer might have something to do with this mysterious 3rd party, that's what the dealership believed. The company behind Rexxer is the one making maps for a lot of the industry.. Modern ECU's are very locked down. Rexxer must have gotten that access somehow.
Yes that is my experience regards dealers. Hard to separate facts from fi tion with them at times

·
Registered
202 Posts
The upmap for my full Termi displays EVO.
I was also told RACE is displayed with the slip on Termi. (Not the standard Termi on the FT).

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rexxer map on my Scrambler cures the on/off throttle and provided a much better riding experience in slow roundabouts but also (far more important) throughout the rev range, with more oomph but also far more precise throttle control, at least in combination with open racing (no cat converter) twin akrapovic... you will pay the price at the petrol station, with my bike using about 15% more petrol. Or is that a result of much happier right hand?
To the person with potentially Rexxer mapping, get the detail from the previous owner, as the Rexxer map is tied to the bike’s ECU and is not cheap. Make sure Ducati does not refresh the ECU and overwrites your custom map, as that will invalidate the license. If you have your license (pretty much simply if you know which Rexxer dealer did it) then make sure ducati tells you prior attempting ECU update, so that Rexxer dealer can restore the original firmware first and then remap it again after bikes is back from Ducati. No cost for that....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts