Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think I've noticed this before, but if I hold the brakes and push the handlebars back and forwards, there is some play - like rubber bushings or dampers.

Here is a video of what I'm talking about on my bike:

Does this movement seem excessive? What is this part called where the bottom of the U-Clamp connects to the fork? What are the torque settings for those bolts?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, I've found it in the manual now. The bushings seems to be referred to as 'silent blocks'. Not really sure how I could eliminate them on the standard setup.

Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 16.05.46.png

I can't see a torque setting for them though. I've only done 7,000 miles over 2.5 years - although 95% of that is commuting in London, so a lot of stop starting.

Have you got a link to the rizoma ones that you have?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am aware that there are 2 rubber rings in between the handle bar clamp and the forks clamp to reduce vibration sending to your hands while driving.
These 2 rings seem to be depleted and you might need to check and replace?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I started looking into it because when I use front brakes at slow speed, it feels like my handlebars are juddering/vibrating.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
The joys of rubber mounted bars. :02.47-tranquillity:

I hate them, the above video shows why. I want fixed bars.

With the alternate bar clamps I have on my DS the upper side is fixed now, and there is only wiggle room on the underside of the triple tree. Which I don't really like still.

Some carefully chosen washers could solve this for you DCasserly .

good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts