Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had my 1100 now for weeks and still no heated grips. Ducati have sent them to the dealers once but they were for an 800 and wouldn’t fit. The dealers attitude is well it’s Ducati and they don’t rush we’ll get them when they come in. So I’ve just got to grin and bear it and wait for spring. I think I should have stuck with BMW.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Check with your dealer again... Initially they listed the wrong Part Number and I waited months then when chasing again - they realised the part number was changed and different grips were required and they were readily available... I believe the same as the Supersport...

Anyway .. heated inner gloves or outer gloves are probably a better solution...

But the grips now I have the BB Guards/muffs works OK down to 0 degrees - lower and I will still use heated gloves too.

Also available on Ebay from Germany - you need to get the dealer to activate them so wont work without them doing that if you fit yourself...

·
Registered
835 Posts
Ive had my 1100 now for weeks and still no heated grips. Ducati have sent them to the dealers once but they were for an 800 and wouldn’t fit. The dealers attitude is well it’s Ducati and they don’t rush we’ll get them when they come in. So I’ve just got to grin and bear it and wait for spring. I think I should have stuck with BMW.
Well that kinda sucks. You would expect them to be able to get parts like that in the store in a week time max.
BMW was always great with the parts suply(and parts used to be pretty cheap for the BMW's). Still the Ducati Scrambler gives me a bigger smile.
This should be the correct part number for the 1100 if you would like to check with your dealer. Heated gloves might also be a good idea.
Screenshot_20181128-225905_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Contacted my dealer today who said that Ducati have told them that my heated grips “should” be available by February. Is this the norm for Ducati just to do as they please and sod the customer, I wish I had known before I bought one. The dealer doesn’t even appear to be fazed by this lack of customer service.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Contacted my dealer today who said that Ducati have told them that my heated grips “should” be available by February. Is this the norm for Ducati just to do as they please and sod the customer, I wish I had known before I bought one. The dealer doesn’t even appear to be fazed by this lack of customer service.
Try another dealer or the online store.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I ordered by 1100 in June - with Heated Grips, Aluminium Screen and Aluminium Fenders (mudguards)

Bike arrived - none of the accessories.

Aluminium fenders arrived 1 month later, grips 1 month or so after that, still waiting on screen - was due early December - but still no news

Yes - its normal for the accessories to take longer to arrive than the bikes...

This time of year - heated grips can be in short supply.

Remember Ducati buys these in - they dont make them themselves.

As I said before you can buy them on ebay from Germany and get them fitted if its urgent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts