Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I ordered the Scrambler back in November I also ordered heated grips for it. These were supposed to be fitted when it was delivered. Not surprisingly perhaps, they weren't available when the bike was. No problem says Ducati Glasgow, we can fit them when it comes in for it's first service. Well it had it's first service today and still no grips.
I asked about having the dash activated for them so that when they eventually came in they could be sent on to me and I could fit them myself. But no, they have to be physically connected so that the dash will recognise them.
So this means I will have another 200 mile round trip using about 4 gallons of petrol and at least 5 hours of my time depending on how long it takes to fit them. I rate myself at £20/hr.
Now I'm not blaming Ducati Glasgow as the lack of supply is beyond their control but I feel I'm getting the piss taken out of me by Ducati. I've paid £180 for something they can't supply and I'm going to have to pay even more in time and fuel to eventually get them fitted. I'm very tempted to just cancel them but the factory heated grips integrate very nicely with the bike without any extra wires and ugly controllers fitted to the bars.
I'm not at all happy with this situation but it seems there is little I can do. Perhaps a complaint to Ducati UK is in order.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
My heated grips (along with other add ons ) were promised for mid June so I booked my first service for 27th June to allow for slippage.

I was told yesterday that the heated grips won't be in till mid August at the earliest.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I put Symtec Heat Demons on my wife's Scrambler the first week she had it, neat, unobtrusive and work well, she's had warm hands pretty much since day one. :cool-29:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have been told Mid August for Australia.
Bike goes in for first service tomorrow - I'll see if I can get an update while I'm there.

·
Registered
164 Posts
So mid August was original update.
Had to chase 3 times for update, now being told October - by then it will be warm enough to not need them so not too fussed (warm enough now actually).
But I've paid for them, so I expect to have them within a reasonable time frame - 5 months is not reasonable.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had call from Ducati Glasgow on Saturday asking me when I wanted to book the bike in to get them fitted. I'm tied up most of this week and next, then off to the Dolomites for a couple of weeks. So I've booked for 15th September. If the weather is shit I'll cancel it. There is no way I'm riding 200 miles in the rain for a pair of grips that should have been here 3 1/2 months ago!

1 - 20 of 108 Posts