Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Regarding the stock Termignoni Exhausts on Cafe Racer, full throttle, etc, is a remap required if fitting to an Icon? Does the stock Termi sound different than the Icon stock exhaust?
Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
In my experience it sounds completely different and makes me love the bike considerably more!

It emits a lower and deeper note throughout the rpm range.

With the stock exhaust I only heard engine noise - with the oe termi shotgun style I can hear the air moving through the exhaust at all times. When I first reviewed videos online comparing the two (and took my own using my phone) it was very hard to tell the difference - maybe our cell phone microphoness are not good in the low frequencies because in real life the difference I hear is night and day.

The fact that I can now hear the exhaust makes this a more responsive bike to me. I am now less likely to slip the clutch as I can better hear the engine revving and can let it out sooner. It also burbles on overrun / decel which I don't recall the stock exhaust doing. Seems slightly quicker to me, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got done fitting a second hand Evo-line Termignoni exhaust. As cdadv123 said, it definitely sounds different. Louder by a small amount, deeper sound. The biggest difference is lots more popping and grumbling on decel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts