Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The little storage area under the seat I have found, can let water in when it rains hard. Not ideal if you are storing your mobile or other electrical equipment (satnav) in there! I noticed at the dealers on Saturday, that a man buying a new Full Throttle had a neat waterproof cover for the storage. Mentioned this to the dealers, saying I didn't get one, but apparently it's only the Full Throttle that has it! :rolleyes:

I was quoted over £18 for the cover, so thought I would just put my stuff in a plastic bag! o_O

·
Registered
146 Posts
It can't be any worse than the pockets in my jacket. Just wrap everything in cheap freezer bags wherever I think it might rain.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I had no idea it was only the FT that gets the compartment cover. Assumed it was all of them.

I still wouldn't trust it to be 100% waterproof but it's done ok.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone have a picture of this cover, because I never even knew this was an option!
It's not unless you have a Full Throttle! I haven't got a pic but it's a black cover with SCRAMBLER printed on it in yellow, and fits around the storage compartment.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Tray on F/T is probably same as others. I have alarm, so there is rubber insert inside of my tray...no more storage room. The cover everyone is referring to is just a weatherproof material, with an elastic edge, that fits around top of tray. From my experience, it is not all that great, and since I've had it, I have had some water in the tray after a ride in rain. Ziplock bag is probably best solution...would not spend any money on buying this cover.
20150817_175250.jpg
20150817_175320.jpg

·
Registered
227 Posts
Wow. I was thinking it was a plastic top that snapped on. That probably would have been better and cheaper. I use ziplock bags all the time. Not just waterproof but to keep packed items organized.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow. I was thinking it was a plastic top that snapped on. That probably would have been better and cheaper. I use ziplock bags all the time. Not just waterproof but to keep packed items organized.
Nope...Ducati decided to go cheap on that...like they did on the suspension.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tray on F/T is probably same as others. I have alarm, so there is rubber insert inside of my tray...no more storage room. The cover everyone is referring to is just a weatherproof material, with an elastic edge, that fits around top of tray. From my experience, it is not all that great, and since I've had it, I have had some water in the tray after a ride in rain. Ziplock bag is probably best solution...would not spend any money on buying this cover. View attachment 2660 View attachment 2661
Nola, thanks for the pics and description. Not quite the sealed Tupperware box I had in mind!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts