Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
does anyone know if the 2020 sport pro straight handlebars fit on the 2018 1100?

If so, does anyone know the part number or how to find it?

·
Registered
846 Posts
does anyone know if the 2020 sport pro straight handlebars fit on the 2018 1100?

I think the fastest way right now is to ask a dealer for a part number. I do wonder if you can route the original brakeline in a usable way.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Or get one of these that are freely available...?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Ducati source the bars from Rizoma themselves, since Rizoma now make all the Scrambler performance parts.

Revzilla - Rizoma Drag Bar

The 1100 comes with a ‘fatbar’ right, the chunkier 11/8” bar found on the 800 Full Throttle.
Will fit as a direct replacement.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Or get one of these that are freely available...?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Ducati source the bars from Rizoma themselves, since Rizoma now make all the Scrambler performance parts.

Revzilla - Rizoma Drag Bar

The 1100 comes with a ‘fatbar’ right, the chunkier 11/8” bar found on the 800 Full Throttle.
Will fit as a direct replacement.
I wonder if the holes are already in place on the rizoma bars for the switches and throttle(I think?). On the Ducati ones they probably will be pre drilled like on al their other bars. Not a big thing though.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I wonder if the holes are already in place on the rizoma bars for the switches and throttle(I think?). On the Ducati ones they probably will be pre drilled like on al their other bars. Not a big thing though.
Obviously up to you but I’ve not bothered drilling holes in bars. Just filed down the pegs on the throttle.

Just changed my bars over yesterday and most of the controls don’t have pegs.
Just the throttle and one other... can’t remember which. Maybe the ignition.

Never had an issue with any moving. Not like the scrambler gets THAT much abuse. It’s nice to rotate the throttle to match the angle of my brake/clutch levers too.

·
Registered
3 Posts

A little late, but I just installed it on my 2018. Ordered it from dealer without issue. Works great, almost a different bike for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A little late, but I just installed it on my 2018. Ordered it from dealer without issue. Works great, almost a different bike for me.

View attachment 45636
Looks great, would love to see more photos if you have them?

I'm keen on doing the same for my 2018 1100 but my local dealer isn't offering any help whatsoever. The 2020 sport pro hasn't even hit Australian shores yet, so it's hard to get any information... A couple questions if you don't mind:
  1. Were you able to install without changing the brake and clutch wires? I'm sure it'd look no where near as neat, but more so out of curiosity.
  2. Do you have a part number for the bars? Can't find any info online.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks great, would love to see more photos if you have them?

I'm keen on doing the same for my 2018 1100 but my local dealer isn't offering any help whatsoever. The 2020 sport pro hasn't even hit Australian shores yet, so it's hard to get any information... A couple questions if you don't mind:
  1. Were you able to install without changing the brake and clutch wires? I'm sure it'd look no where near as neat, but more so out of curiosity.
  2. Do you have a part number for the bars? Can't find any info online.
Thanks in advance!
I didn't have any trouble getting everything to fit. The only downside was that the Ducati Scrambler handlebar bag doesn't fit anymore. I may change the brake line at some point, but it doesn't really bother me, expecially since the loop is lower now. I don't know the part number, but if you ask the dealer to order a bar for the new 1100 Sport Pro, it shouldn't be a problem. My dealer didn't have a Sport Pro in stock either, yet the bars were available. Parts guy had no issue finding it in the system, and it showed up about a week later. Here are a couple more shots, I'll try to find a few more later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I didn't have any trouble getting everything to fit. The only downside was that the Ducati Scrambler handlebar bag doesn't fit anymore. I may change the brake line at some point, but it doesn't really bother me, expecially since the loop is lower now. I don't know the part number, but if you ask the dealer to order a bar for the new 1100 Sport Pro, it shouldn't be a problem. My dealer didn't have a Sport Pro in stock either, yet the bars were available. Parts guy had no issue finding it in the system, and it showed up about a week later. Here are a couple more shots, I'll try to find a few more later.

View attachment 45754
View attachment 45755
And one more.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I think the loop looks great, even with the flat bars it looks cool. Never understood all the hate this detail gets online and in reviews.

·
Registered
4 Posts

View attachment 45754
View attachment 45755
Thanks for the reply, photos look great. The cable doesn't worry me too much, I thought it would be accentuated more because of the lower bars (hence I thought you'd done work on it) but it looks fine as is. It never bothered me on my old Sixty2

For anyone interested I was able to find the part number for the 20 Sport Pro bars: 36015921AA (see here)

I've contacted my dealer again with the part number this time, hopefully they can arrange to get them in. Thanks again Cathead!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wonder if anyone has fitted bars that slope downwards like sports bike bars? I find my fingers on my right hand go to sleep with the standard bars after twenty minutes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I wonder if anyone has fitted bars that slope downwards like sports bike bars? I find my fingers on my right hand go to sleep with the standard bars after twenty minutes.
I haven't done that on my Scrambler, but I did try rotating the stock handlebars downward to change my wrist angle. In my case, it was not helpful - my engine had a bent valve and the piston slap problem that created a vibration in the handlebars and hand numbness. Fixing the mechanical problems fixed the numbness problem. Dropping the bars may help you, but to get the controls and mirrors aligned "correctly" you will have to file the locating nubs (pegs) on the controls off to allow the controls to rotate on the handlebar. Easy to do and it shouldn't have any ill effects.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Bars were the very first thing I swapped out on my 2018 1100 Sport. I ended up going with a set of used Ducati 1200 S bars which fit perfectly, and I picked them up off ebay for $60. They were also pre-drilled for the controls and everything was plug and play since its OEM. They were silver originally, so I coated them with rattlecan truck bedliner and they matched the triple nearly perfectly.

Here they are side by side with the stock 1100 Sport bars:
1100bars.jpeg

And on the bike...
Scram2.jpeg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts