Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st shot at strapping on an Oxford tail pack using Rok Straps before I order my Kriega US30, sorry for some of the image quality
IMG_0313.JPG
IMG_0316.JPG
IMG_0317.JPG
IMG_0318.JPG
IMG_0319.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can't see in the pic's but if you see a close up of the rear header pipe then you can see a bit of heat resistant silver material and that is the bottom of the battery carrier so it is near the back of the petrol tank but has a black plastic cover over it

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
So the luggage hooks are under the seat? I will definitely need something as I tend to carry the kitchen sink around with me and this bike won't look right with a top box lol. Are there any pillion handles - not that I intend to carry pillion, but I couldn't find anything on the demo bike

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have that same Oxford tailpack looks ok. My favourite luggage is Kreiga that stuff really is the Dogs!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Thanks very much for the pictures! Wish they'd finished the rear of the bar with a bit more curl; looks like it'd be easy for the straps to slip off. Could be I'm not seeing it right. Please show us the Kriega when you have it. Luggage is a must-have. Thanks again.

Sarah

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they won't slip off if they are tight as they are being pulled in the other direction by the forward mounted strap but I know what you mean.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
If I can just point out, there are a couple of plastic plugs either side of where the passenger puts their hands,two either side of the bike,
So, these are tapped 8mm thread, They are intended for the pannier bag attachments (I think) But we can utilise them for Bungie Bobbins, that way it's much easier to strap your stuff on,
I've removed the seat for clarity, The gap in between the two bungs is where the passenger steadies themselves Gill,
Hope this will be of some help, I shall make 4 s/steel bobbins to fit, that way it's pretty easy to fasten stuff on,

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Thanks for that Graham, so there are some kind of handles, I couldn't find them on the demo! Yes a good idea to retro fit some places to attach stuff that's accessible without removing the seat, I'll do the same :)

·
Registered
831 Posts
When my grandson was pillion on the test ride there was a hand sized gap either side to hold the under side if tge seat in effect.
He is a very skinny 17 yr old and he complained of being pushed to the rear of the seat not much room. I am medium build

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Neat, thanks for the picture and clarification, Elvisto. Looking forward to the Bungie Bobbins.

Sarah

1 - 12 of 12 Posts