Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few photos from a solo ride on Sunday afternoon out here in Arizona. Rode from my place in Scottsdale out to Apache Junction, and partially along the 'Apache Trail' aka State Route 88 out to Apache Lake. This route passes through Goldfield, an old mining town which is now a tourist attraction - Canyon Lake which looked very inviting on the warm afternoon - and Tortilla Flat, an old Stagecoach stop with a country store and restaurant. I passed all these and continued onto Apache Lake which is one of the 4 man-made reservoirs along the Salt River (Rio Salado), and happened to be extremely quiet and windy this day. Perfect spot to rest, get hydrated and have a cig. Beyond this point, you can continue onto Roosevelt lake and then make your way back into town on the highway. I chose to turn around, and return the way I had come in. All-in-all a very fun ride with plenty of stops to take-in the views or to snap some photos. I think next time, I'll continue all the way to Roosevelt Lake and make the full-loop trip. Enjoy the photos - feel free to comment. I'd love to see more threads of where you're riding your Sleds!

P.S. This is the same trail that Jamie rides on this episode of MotoGeo:

Photo Jun 10, 1 54 25 PM.jpg
Photo Jun 10, 2 22 17 PM.jpg
Photo Jun 10, 3 24 21 PM.jpg
Photo Jun 10, 3 25 37 PM.jpg

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Just a few photos from a solo ride on Sunday afternoon out here in Arizona. Rode from my place in Scottsdale out to Apache Junction, and partially along the 'Apache Trail' aka State Route 88 out to Apache Lake. This route passes through Goldfield, an old mining town which is now a tourist attraction - Canyon Lake which looked very inviting on the warm afternoon - and Tortilla Flat, an old Stagecoach stop with a country store and restaurant. I passed all these and continued onto Apache Lake which is one of the 4 man-made reservoirs along the Salt River (Rio Salado), and happened to be extremely quiet and windy this day. Perfect spot to rest, get hydrated and have a cig. Beyond this point, you can continue onto Roosevelt lake and then make your way back into town on the highway. I chose to turn around, and return the way I had come in. All-in-all a very fun ride with plenty of stops to take-in the views or to snap some photos. I think next time, I'll continue all the way to Roosevelt Lake and make the full-loop trip. Enjoy the photos - feel free to comment. I'd love to see more threads of where you're riding your Sleds!

View attachment 34957 View attachment 34959 View attachment 34961 View attachment 34967
Bike looks awesome! I reckon the white lowers Defo improve the looks, makes it look more beefy.

·
Registered
143 Posts

View attachment 34957 View attachment 34959 View attachment 34961 View attachment 34967
That looks like a really fun ride! Thanks for sharing and giving a good description of it.

I need to watch Jamie's video full length. He does some great videos.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Nice! I dig the Rotopax - I need to consider one of those in the near future I think.
Ya..... it seems like the Rotopax might be needed more than I'd like, fuel range is definitely the weak link on these bikes when you start heading out off the pavement.

Here's a closer shot. I have mine mounted on a H&B tail rack.
20180616_152424-1.jpg

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Most recent ride - took a nice dual sport ride through some loose gravel and semi-paved roads out to Cave Creek. Nice and quiet (until I cruised through) since it's been so hot out here lately.
CC.png

·
Registered
14 Posts
Loving this thread, great to see some actual desert pics.

wolfpackpaul - Can I ask you to share your thoughts on the NRC Tail Tidy? I've read mixed reviews for the NRC tail tidy for other bikes, but none for the DS.

Bike looks awesome and thanks to you I'm now gonna have to wrap my fork lowers, looks good!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Loving this thread, great to see some actual desert pics.

wolfpackpaul - Can I ask you to share your thoughts on the NRC Tail Tidy? I've read mixed reviews for the NRC tail tidy for other bikes, but none for the DS.

Bike looks awesome and thanks to you I'm now gonna have to wrap my fork lowers, looks good!
Appreciate the kind words, and glad you're diggin the thread!

In regards to the NRC Tail Eliminator, I actually posted this thread from when I first installed it, but I realize now that I didn't really do a review:
https://www.scramblerforum.com/threads/nrc-fender-eliminator-installed.27889/

I honestly couldn't be happier with the purchase. It cleans up the rear of the bike in such a great way, and gives it the nice clean look I can appreciate. The only things I would mention, is that the thought has crossed my mind about riding in the rain or mud/dirt and having the license plate get toasted in grime or mud and not realizing it before getting back out onto the road, and then potentially getting pulled over for not displaying the plate correctly. I know that's an extreme hypothetical, but worth mentioning.

The other thing is that I've had my father riding behind me during the day, and he mentioned the LED turn signals can be SLIGHTLY harder to see than the OEM blinkers. But at night they're WAY brighter. I think it's just the nature of the acrylic material NRC used for the blinkers. The license plate light is crazy bright though, and it's a really nice, clean white LED that illuminates the plate.

The install was pretty straight forward. It doesn't come with directions, but I just used the available ones on their website, and I'm sure you can follow along and figure it out. I think it took me maybe an hour, and could have been quicker if I wasn't so particular about soldering/shrink wrapping some of the wires. I did notice that they reversed the negative/positive wire colors so I'm really glad I checked the polarity, and verified the blinkers worked properly before soldering everything up.

All-in-all, I highly suggest the product and I still plan to get their fork indicators for the front of the bike.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just realized I had a couple other decent ones I hadn't posted. First one is from near PHX Sky Harbor Airport. Second one is from Forest Road 24 up in Cave Creek. And the third one is from a ride my dad and I took onto the beach at Bartlett Lake. You'll notice these are from all different stages before I made changes to the bike.

Photo Jun 07, 7 15 21 PM.jpg
Photo May 05, 2 44 28 PM.jpg
View attachment 35829

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Long time - no updates. Finally got the tank painted, and the fork protectors finished properly. My paint guy talked me out of painting all of the lower plastics. I'll reinstall this weekend and post some finished photos after, but I just had to share these in the meantime :cool-28: More Sunday Funday photos to come!

IMG_9010.jpeg
IMG_9011.jpeg

1 - 20 of 38 Posts