Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am a ready to give up on the terrible stock suspension and upgrade. For the forks has anyone ran the Andreani and Ohlins? Seems like a $300 price difference, is it worth it to spend the extra on the Ohlins? As for the rear seems the Ohlins is one of the cheaper routes to go but is it’s single adjustment makes me wonder if I will be itching for something with more knobs to turn. I weigh 200lbs ride fast street and track days are not out of the question.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I am by no means an expert, but you are only limited by your budget. :)

It has been described to me that the Andreani front and Ohlins rear are sufficient for the average street rider. Throw in track days and aggressive street riding and you may want something with more adjustability.

In my case I went with the SB Suspension GP front cartridge and double adjustable rear. I feel it will handle (no pun intended) everything I can throw at it.

Is it worthwile to spend a lot on a, relatively, inexpensive bike? That's a personal decision. For me the answer was yes.

You can contact Ken at SB Suspension and ask for his recommendations.

[edit]
Ken is offering $50 off the double adjustable rear shock:

http://www.scramblerforum.com/threads/new-year-new-website-new-scrambler-online-store.25001/
[/edit]

-Bob

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe so. I haven’t installed any of it yet. Maybe in the next few weeks after I get my supermoto back together. I also have a 17” front wheel conversion for while the cartridges are being done so it is a big job.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a du505. The 509 is for the dessert sled. I hope it doesn’t fit because I would be annoyed that a fully adjustable is available. I actually threw the shock on today. The ride is 100% better already.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went to an Ohlins suspension expert (Martin Paetzhold from MP suspension in Milnerton South Africa). He fitted the Ohlins rear shock

He also noticed that the front suspension came back very slowly after compression and fixed that by replacing the oil...I think that the previous owner put some other oil in for a softer ride, but it just made the suspension bounce back slow.

I got the bike with a brand new K-Tech bullet shock fitted the day before I bought it, but I wanted something that could handle bad road surfaces better.

The stock shock which I have in a box felt good on the test ride that I did, but that was on a smooth road. My further research suggested that the Ohlins was a good option and I am pleased to say that it was the right buy.

The bike is handling superior after fitting the new Ohlins shock and the fresh oil in the front forks. I handles twisties with confidence and am enjoying the new found comfort.

20200728_140941.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts