Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys,

I am trying to do a performance built by changing the front cartridges and the rear shock on the 2017 Scrambler Cafe Racer. But I heard that Ducati has changed the length of the forks and the shock to accommodate the new smaller front wheel. Does it mean that all the aftermarket cartridges and shocks for the usual Scrambler wouldn't fit on the Cafe Racer?

Also it seems like Ducati did not leave much room for aftermarket shock because of the side fairing.

Please advice, thank you very much.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I agree with Max Kool. Just a matter of time.

Can't answer the cartridge question. I stuck a Maxton rear on mine and the spring / body diametre is quite a bit more than stock. In fact on the Icon it does foul the side panel but it runs behind the shock on the Icons so I'm not worrying about it.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
The K-Tech Bullitt rear shock is much, much narrower as it has no spring. Sleek looking as well.
For the front of the CR maybe it could just be a case of using a longer spacer at the top. I believe although the overall length is longer, the actual fork travel is the same on the CF as the Icon etc. Just a thought.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not so sure about the length anymore, bcause what I heard from the dealer, they said the forks on the Cafe Racer is actually shorter than other models, and not sure if the shock has been changed. So far I have contacted a few suspension companies, and they might look into it. I guess, I just have to wait and hopefully they make one for the bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
HsStanely,

Let us know what you hear. My wife ordered me the cafe racer for Christmas and picked it up yesterday! One of the first changes I intend to make is the suspension - so very interested in hearing what the manufacturers let you know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
HsStanely,

Let us know what you hear. My wife ordered me the cafe racer for Christmas and picked it up yesterday! One of the first changes I intend to make is the suspension - so very interested in hearing what the manufacturers let you know.
I second that. Picked mine up a little over a month ago. Any aggressive riding and the CR rear is pretty squirrelly. I found out the hard way after I had a nice slide on mine two days after installing the termi rafr exhaust. Other driver didn't even stop. A GoPro is already ordered.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I still haven't got a chance to figure out the length of the shock yet, I spoke with the dealer and they are going to measure the length soon. I ride pretty hard on canyon all the time. Before you kill that chicken strip off on the right, first you have to deal with the soft suspension that dives in so much during hard corner acceleration. Also you can see that the exhaust is actually stopping you to lean even lower on my picture. (I was really surprised that I scraped the exhaust before the footpeg lol...) But anyway, Ducati didn't aim for riders that ride it like a race bike...

To solve the ground clearance issue, I switched to Full Akra Exhaust instead. So far I am still hoping to change the forks and the shock for better performance.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I still haven't got a chance to figure out the length of the shock yet, I spoke with the dealer and they are going to measure the length soon. I ride pretty hard on canyon all the time. Before you kill that chicken strip off on the right, first you have to deal with the soft suspension that dives in so much during hard corner acceleration. Also you can see that the exhaust is actually stopping you to lean even lower on my picture. (I was really surprised that I scraped the exhaust before the footpeg lol...) But anyway, Ducati didn't aim for riders that ride it like a race bike...

To solve the ground clearance issue, I switched to Full Akra Exhaust instead. So far I am still hoping to change the forks and the shock for better performance.
Hs, interested to hear what kind of clearance you end up with when you get the Akra system on. ? Thanks for the tip, I am hoping to get her up to Deals Gap for a day this weekend so I will try to keep the exhaust in tact. :)

·
Registered
82 Posts

I would be surprised if the Akra offered any more clearance the stock pipe is really narrow by comparison. I am interested to hear your feedback.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would be surprised if the Akra offered any more clearance the stock pipe is really narrow by comparison. I am interested to hear your feedback.
Hey, so far I still haven't experienced any issue with the new pipe. Stock pipe is pretty narrow but the Termi exhaust shield is slightly too pop-out that's why. Anyway, the Akra sounds very good and LOUDDDDD!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts