Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Good place to mount a camera. My camera is on my Evotech crash bung at present...like the perspective

·
Registered
589 Posts
Looking at these again, they don't seem very wide? Almost like the tank would still be very close to touching down. Hopefully they'll be better pictures soon.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I agree, the hole idea off crash bars is to protect the bike, by these photos the bars do not come out far enough to protect the tank or pipe ? if fact it looks like if you did lay it over the tank and pipe would take the impact ? but I could be wrong , Best bars I have had and proved themselves is the Thunderbike crash bars ( made is NZ) had on my 955i Tiger and 1050 Sport , soild as , besides them I reckon the next best in line is the GIVI crash bars - also solid , brother in law layed his 650 V-Strom down 2 weeks ago with the Givi bars and only one bent lever and scratched up crash bar ( they did the job) hope GIVI do one for the Scrambler ?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Agreed that these don't look super protective.

I also wish they paint matched to the frame. Looks weird since the frame isn't really black.

·
Registered
589 Posts
They use the same engine bolt as the frame sliders, so no. I've now got a pair, and they are wider than they look and will keep the tank off the floor.

·
Registered
589 Posts
The bars have a spacer that inserts into the sleeves on the frame. It may be possible to mix and match parts fro the slider kit, but you might be short on the thread as well? Why would you want to fit both?

·
Registered
564 Posts
The bars have a spacer that inserts into the sleeves on the frame. It may be possible to mix and match parts fro the slider kit, but you might be short on the thread as well? Why would you want to fit both?
To save the crash bars from being damaged....:D yes I'm taking the p*ss!

·
Registered
564 Posts
The crash bars come with a new bolt and spacers.The new bolt is longer.
I'm guessing that the slider bolt Will be even longer so I think it would be possible,like Nick says to mix and match.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts