Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

If any of you were thinking on installing those crash-bars on their Icon (I'm not sure about the Sled or other models), be aware that to be able to install them, you are required to cut some bits from the original side panels (the ones below the gas tank). Unfortunately you are not warned of this anywhere until you get to the end of the instructions. They actually attach a template for the cutting work... The photos on the website do not match with the reality.

The crash-bars are really well built and otherwise the product seems very solid. But I really hate when the manufacturers makes you do this...

From their website:

And the reality:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you for letting us know. I was planning on getting SW bars for my Sixty2. Anybody Sixty2 owners know if its the same cutting required?

2016 DUCATI SCRAMBLER ICON
55 Posts
Appreciate the heads up. I planned on getting these for my Icon as well.
Ok,,,,now we know,,,,,, what a drag that u were misled by that seller's ad copy,,,,,, so who knows the big secret; where can one buy fairly wide crash bars, not engine guards, that WILL EXACT FIT a 2016 Ducati Scrambler icon minus ANY strange modifications? In other words, a kit that comes w hardware/brackets and u just screw or bolt it on? If that doesn't exist, how about an 'exact fit' part where all is needed is hole drilling? Does Ducati sell an OEM safety bar for the icon? Attached r pics of my 2016 duc icon,,,,,BTW, my pipes r about to to wrapped by my dealer w 'DEI 2" W TITANIUM WRAP',,,,,,,, so much fun to play 'dress-up' w my Ducati Scrambler Icon,,,,,,,,,dart fly wind screen and better rider peg kit coming soon,,,,,,BTW, that seat is an add on; a british custom's corsa moto diamond stitch seat/brown/old school look; much more comfortable as compared to the stock seat; cost USD $389,,,,,,buy it on ; www.britishcustoms.com

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello!

If any of you were thinking on installing those crash-bars on their Icon (I'm not sure about the Sled or other models), be aware that to be able to install them, you are required to cut some bits from the original side panels (the ones below the gas tank).
I suppose it depends what you want to do with the bike, I fitted the motech crash bars 3 years ago, and very happy with them, a pic below of cutout. To be fair no one has ever noticed the cutout in 3 years, and it hasn't bothered me, these bars have saved my bike numerous times, as I have sofar done over 40,000km's with most of that on gravel roads and farm tracks. To most people the little cutout will never be seen. But if the bars are more for looks than function, you may prefer a different set of bars, but if you want a set for effectiveness, then Motech do the job well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I suppose it depends what you want to do with the bike, I fitted the motech crash bars 3 years ago, and very happy with them, a pic below of cutout. To be fair no one has ever noticed the cutout in 3 years, and it hasn't bothered me, these bars have saved my bike numerous times, as I have sofar done over 40,000km's with most of that on gravel roads and farm tracks. To most people the little cutout will never be seen. But if the bars are more for looks than function, you may prefer a different set of bars, but if you want a set for effectiveness, then Motech do the job well.
Hello CaptainCol! Thank you very much for those pics! Those are the exact pics one wants to see when choosing crash bars for sure (y) and makes me even more glad I chose those.
I used to use the Evotech crash bars (which saved my bike twice) but wanted something that wouldn't sink so much in dirt roads. Also like you demonstrate there, you can attach a tool bag to them.

All I wanted to warn people about is the need for cutting an original part (which in my short 2 years as a rider I've never had to do when installing new mods).

I will show your post to my father who owns a desert sled and I'm sure he is going to want to order another pair :LOL:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts