Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are some impressions of the footrests I just fitted. About 15 minutes, small ratchet with extension plus 10 and 13mm socket plus screw driver and bolt sealant required. Instructions come with it, easy job.

Parts very well machined and of very high quality, everything fits perfectly.

You can choose two heights, 1.5cm difference. Either install it with or without rubber.

Have not driven the bike yet but I believe this set will do the job of making me feel a lot more secure while sitting in "speed position" with just my toes on and definitely when standing. Especially when wet.

For the German readers: Comes w/ ABE and KBA-Number so trouble free in regards of Tech Inspection. :)

Price tag of 99 EUR. Not cheep but inexpensive for the quality you get.

IMG_20150702_170245579.jpg
IMG_20150702_170416832.jpg
IMG_20150702_171048011.jpg
IMG_20150702_171100502.jpg
IMG_20150702_171147017_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150702_172736273.jpg
IMG_20150702_172833496_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150702_172957294_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150702_172940785_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150702_172949721.jpg

·
Registered
285 Posts
Have you noticed any problems shifting, now that the extension takes up some space between peg and shifter? Someone mentioned that people with larger feet might have shifting issues, but I like the rubber and wider peg look/feel.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you noticed any problems shifting, now that the extension takes up some space between peg and shifter? Someone mentioned that people with larger feet might have shifting issues, but I like the rubber and wider peg look/feel.
I have not experienced any problems with shifting or braking so far, just had a short test run due the extreme temperatures around 40° Celsius, though. Will try again tonight when it cools off. I wear a size 9.5 boot (43 in DEU).

The rubber seems to be of decent quality and is quite sticky as supposed. So if you wear boots with a rubber sole and like to slide back and forth on the footrest a lot while driving you may have to actually lift your foot a bit more up. But of course you may just leave the rubber off if that becomes an issue to you.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am the one who mentioned the closeness of the peg to the shifter (size 13 boots), I've now spent a few minutes adjusting the gear lever and it's fine.
The footpegs themselves are great, comfortable particularly if you are standing up. $190 here in Aus, I think they're well worth it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have not experienced any problems with shifting or braking so far, just had a short test run due the extreme temperatures around 40° Celsius, though. Will try again tonight when it cools off. I wear a size 9.5 boot (43 in DEU).

The rubber seems to be of decent quality and is quite sticky as supposed. So if you wear boots with a rubber sole and like to slide back and forth on the footrest a lot while driving you may have to actually lift your foot a bit more up. But of course you may just leave the rubber off if that becomes an issue to you.
IMG_20150703_182221132_HDR.jpg

Went out to the Brandenburg woods for a few turns on and offroad and I really like the added comfort and confidence. Recommending it as a Top 10 if not Top 5 upgrade to the scrambling Italian stallion.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I do like those, SW make some quality stuff for the GS BMW, So I may give those a closer look :)

In a magazine I read where one of the testers who was riding a standard Icon broke one of the footpegs it has me a little worried when I stand on mine, :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Oh great thats better for me,:) just been on the site, cast stainless steel body with billet aluminium mountings, £80 from Motohous , think thats who it was ,
Thanks , G

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have the SW-Motech items sat in a box waiting to go onto my wife's bike as soon as I've sorted my own bike out, and got my daughter's bike MOT'd. I've had the same footrests on our F800R for three years now, they work just fine and the rubber's barely worn, and the slight improvement in leg room welcome.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I will have a look at these too, or something like them.
With working around the bike or just general using it I've lost count of the number of times I've stabbed my leg with the originals.
They are quite pointy and have bruised my calf area.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Just remember Hui, Stabbing your leg once is an accident, :( twice is carelessness :confused: and a third time is! well because you're getting on a bit, :D Don't ask how I know that :rolleyes:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Any opinions on the comparison or difference between the SW Motech and the OEM Scrambler footpegs? I know the OEM Scrambler footpegs are more costly but what about actual use.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts