Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Getting ready to do some motorcycle camping on the Scrambler. Has anyone mounted or currently using SW MoTech LR2 tail bag? I have a 2015 Icon and need advice for a tail bag that will fit properly. As we all know there are not many places to attach mounting straps on the scrambler.

Thanks, Trips

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Trips,
I have the small one for the right side en the tall for the left side.
Love them and these are easy to install. They get supplied with clear instructions.
Good luck

·
Registered
255 Posts
FYI ... I went for the LT1 ... there's a new black edition ...

Very pleased .with this ... will look at other parts of the range when I need to carry more.
LT1 is magnetic so no straps needed.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Getting ready to do some motorcycle camping on the Scrambler. Has anyone mounted or currently using SW MoTech LR2 tail bag? I have a 2015 Icon and need advice for a tail bag that will fit properly. As we all know there are not many places to attach mounting straps on the scrambler.

Thanks, Trips
Looks like a nice bag. I have the Ducati Classic soft bags for my bike, it looks like this bag could fit over the seat and on top of them if I needed (a lot more) storage for a long trip. The mounting frames for the Classic soft bags provide plenty of anchor points to tie it to.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Very pleased .with this ... will look at other parts of the range when I need to carry more.
I like it. Might have to buck up and get it as well if I need more space. I'll find out tomorrow when I try to pack my camping gear in the LR2. I still have a month before I leave on my little adventure. Taking a 10 day trip through the Ozarks and camping along the way.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ian. I have the black tank protector running down the center of my gas tank. Were are the magnets located on the tank bag? Are they on the outside edges of the bag? I need more storage for my trip but not wanting to use the straps.

Thanks Trips

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hi Trips
Magnets are located on edges .. just checked they're about 14cm apart. So presuming your strip isn't that wide - should work fine.

Bottom of the bag is nicely rubberised to avoid marking your tank - they also include some clear vinyl to put on your tank if you want extra protection - I haven't bothered.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm not sure if the tank protector was wider it would stop the magents working anyway .. they're pretty strong.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not sure if the tank protector was wider it would stop the magents working anyway .. they're pretty strong.
Sweet! Thanks for getting back with me. Time to order that bag while they still have the black version. Only 2 left in stock at Revzilla. Have a good one man.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts