Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I thought that was the idea? I fitted the Scrambler one as I was camping on soft ground recently - worked a treat. Probably a similar size.

Yes it was stupidly expensive but I couldn't get a Motech one to me quick enough and the others I found looked shite.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
A flat, empty beer can will work just as well imho.

(it is far cheaper and comes with free memories of a great campfired evening)

·
Registered
214 Posts
R & G sell a prop stand enlarger for under £36: I don't know the cost of the SW Motech version.
As an alternative to a flat can, plastic prop stand supports are available on eBay for less than £4 and could be carried in a jacket pocket, but as I have had tank bags on various bikes for years ( anyone who owned British bikes always carried a bag for tools spares etc) it has not been a problem to carry it there. Old metal drinks coasters/ redundant ashtrays serve the same function and have no sharp edges

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I quite like the fact it's always there on the stand foot. Just kick the stand down and you're laughing. Bit easier than messing with the other options which I have used aplenty in the past. Though budget-wise it shouldn't really be at the top of anyone's list of 'essentials'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts