Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to know if anyone has a set of SW-MOTECH SysBags with SLC carriers on their Icon. I’m looking into buying a set for my bike but I’m debating which sizes to get. The company recommends using the 15L on the left and the 10L on the right. Similar to the Ducati brand saddle bags, the right is smaller due to the exhaust. However, I’m pretty sure the 15L has enough space to avoid damage from the exhaust, but I could really use a reference if anyone else has these bags.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I like your choice but, considering that I don’t like to see the bag’s side stands on my bike, I’m going to decide for the Blaze, from SW Motech too..,
are bigger (14/21 liters each) and with a clean side alu support easy to remove...

This is the side without bags (the aluminum stick is just one click):

And here are the bags:

·
Registered
954 Posts
If you really want panniers I can't help but here is a Kriega US20 mounted on the seat of a Scrambler. You could add a US10 on top and have the same volume as the 2 x 15L SW Motechs without exhaust issues or racks being required.
If you want more seat clearance for the rider the bag(s) can be attached across the bike rather than longways.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you really want panniers I can't help but here is a Kriega US20 mounted on the seat of a Scrambler. You could add a US10 on top and have the same volume as the 2 x 15L SW Motechs without exhaust issues or racks being required.
If you want more seat clearance for the rider the bag(s) can be attached across the bike rather than longways.

Yes, but no passenger here ;)
... about the Blaze, I was considering that with 42 liters (totally expanded) at my side plus a tank bag should be possible to do a small trip with my girlfriend...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like your choice but, considering that I don’t like to see the bag’s side stands on my bike, I’m going to decide for the Blaze, from SW Motech too..,
are bigger (14/21 liters each) and with a clean side alu support easy to remove...

This is the side without bags (the aluminum stick is just one click):
View attachment 46708

And here are the bags:
View attachment 46709
I haven’t looked into these, but they seem promising. Do you know how well they hold up to falls? I’m planning on taking my Icon places it doesn’t belong, so part of the reason I’m leaning towards the Sysbags is the frame support. The Blaze looks solid but I don’t think the support would hold up if the bike goes on its side.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I originally wanted a pair of Kriega Duo saddlebags, but the company discontinued the bag supports for the Scramblers. They looked really good without the bags and gave it a solid foundation. How do you like the Kriega dry bag? Regardless of saddlebag setup, I’ll be in the market for a top bag next.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I haven’t looked into these, but they seem promising. Do you know how well they hold up to falls? I’m planning on taking my Icon places it doesn’t belong, so part of the reason I’m leaning towards the Sysbags is the frame support. The Blaze looks solid but I don’t think the support would hold up if the bike goes on its side.
Was not considering to fall :eek: ... I’m planning to buy those bags before summer holidays... anyway, the aluminum stick is not a stand, is there only to keep the bags out from the rear wheel... as you can see from the picture, the bags are joined on the rear part of the seat and higher respect the ones that use a mounting support... I’m going to buy those only because I’m not planning to use a bag every day and are very easy to remove when you don’t need it, on the frame remains only the small black support (two screws on the passenger footpegs) where you can fix the alu gray stick...

·
Registered
954 Posts
I originally wanted a pair of Kriega Duo saddlebags, but the company discontinued the bag supports for the Scramblers. They looked really good without the bags and gave it a solid foundation. How do you like the Kriega dry bag? Regardless of saddlebag setup, I’ll be in the market for a top bag next.
You can buy knockoffs of the original Kriega supports on Alibaba. They will work as well functionally but don’t look quite as well made. Apparently the Kriega Duo bags will also mount to the standard Ducati pannier frames according to the Australian Kriega distributor. The US20 is a great bag it fits way more than a 20L pannier does. That bag had my wife’s gear for a 5 day ride in it apart from a pair of runners that I had in my panniers. We also have a US10 and I have a Kriega Hydropack I use all the time. You cannot go wrong with their stuff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Need to know if anyone has a set of SW-MOTECH SysBags with SLC carriers on their Icon. I’m looking into buying a set for my bike but I’m debating which sizes to get. The company recommends using the 15L on the left and the 10L on the right. Similar to the Ducati brand saddle bags, the right is smaller due to the exhaust. However, I’m pretty sure the 15L has enough space to avoid damage from the exhaust, but I could really use a reference if anyone else has these bags.

View attachment 46707

I don't have these exact ones, but I have the Motech Legend gear ones on my icon. The 9.8L on the right side feels fine, it's just high enough off the exhaust without making me nervous about it (and nice for quick trips around town without feeling too huge).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pulled the trigger and bought the whole Sysbag setup. Really happy with it so far. Very good build quality, rock solid once the bags are on, and they seem like they should have plenty of space for what I need. The 15L is definitely too long for the right side. I tried it out, and the stock exhaust would barely clear it; I’d probably have to use foil tape to deflect the heat. I plan on getting an aftermarket slip-on and, based on what I’ve seen, a 15L bag on the right side would touch a Yoshimura or SC Project exhaust.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts