Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
The stock tach actually has a few useful features. I like the idea of red line warning flashes and then solid red when rev limiter cuts in. That's really all you need on a bike like this. Don't get me wrong, there is something old school cool about the sweep of a conventional tach needle, but I do like the single multi function gauge on our Scramblers.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
lol, really? I have never seen these red lights/flashes.

Maybe just because I ride the wave of torque?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The stock tach actually has a few useful features. I like the idea of red line warning flashes and then solid red when rev limiter cuts in. That's really all you need on a bike like this. Don't get me wrong, there is something old school cool about the sweep of a conventional tach needle, but I do like the single multi function gauge on our Scramblers.
You're right, but I do like having a tach, actually use it to maintain speed. The digital speed reading jumps around a lot.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I agree that the digital bar graph tach is not the most precise gauge. Not by a long shot. I have never bounced mine off the rev limiter either, I just read about the function in the owners manual. Those flashing red LED's on the tach that run for 12 hours after you shut the bike down are also your red line warning lights when the engine is running.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You mean that is the red-line warning light???? I use it as the shift indicator.:violent1:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought my tach from Dime City Cycles and the tach adapter from Split Second (TA2-100). It beats the hell out of the stock tach.
View attachment 24801
Would you share the details of the installation? Did you do it or have a shop do it? And you cautioned about getting the right tach, what is the model of yours? I like it's look
Thanks, gcarper

1 - 16 of 16 Posts