Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, ideally looking for a black sleek Tail bag for the Italia Scrambler. I don't really like the Scrambler bags.

I want the bag to be able to hold a bottle of water, a bit of food, some small toiletries, shorts, socks, flip flops..so it doesn't need to be big.

I'm mainly here to get advice on a good fit for the seat. I need it to fit on the passenger portion of the seat only.

Let me know what you use, post a pic if possible.

Thank you kindly.

·
Registered
255 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm installing it on the rack ... I see you want to install on the seat - it should work just as well.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I ended up doing a bit more research and got the Nelson Rigg 1060-S. It was on sale but of course not as well priced as the one you posted.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, I was looking for something like yours yet call me a brand name whore so I paid premium. It was on sale 35% off so not too bad and I'm guessing the material/construction is good.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I use a Wolfman Peak tail bag (link here) and have had it on several bikes. It has clips that will attach to the seat edge or you can use the straps on a rack.

going back to the original post I can fit six Blondes into it as well :)

Generally it has a camera maybe one additional lens my sunglasses case, a wallet, house keys, phone and some snack bars inside it it on a ride. It will be seeing service on the FT in the next couple of weeks,

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My current and for a while now is Goose Island IPA, Chicagonians know how to make good beer.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I usually say "I'm no expert" ... but when it comes to beer .. I have some education ... does that beer taste any good? Most often Light beers are pretty bland.
I was actually picking it up to take home for the girls. It's okay to drink very cold on a hot day and quite popular but I prefer darker beers.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I have the TM Delai rear rack and just bought this to go on it ... yet to actually put it on the bike .. it's so cheap it's worth a shot.

I like the fact it's removable without taking off your underseat/rack straps. The bag clips to the straps.
View attachment 32617

Here's a link: Free shipping 2016 New RR9018 rough road motorcycle rear seat package hangback bag 4wd after the bags rain cover cycling bags on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
Ian, would it hold enough for say a week travelling staying at B&B's?

·
Registered
278 Posts
This arrived today. I am in the process of figuring out how to secure it to the Mmala Racing rear rack I picked up off of ebay:

20180807_221012.jpg

20180807_221041.jpg

It's the Amphibious Upbag. Holds 9 to 19 liters. Securing it will be a challenge due to the rack being a rounded point rather than a more rectangular shape.

Many thanks to Survival Shop in Italy for sending me the Fluo Yellow. I think it compliments the FTP rather nicely.

More pics once I get the mounting determined.

-Bob

·
Registered
892 Posts
More pics once I get the mounting determined.

Dead easy.
A 60" Rok strap secured to the frame on either side under the seat in front of the bag.
Take the long side pass it over the bag, through what appears to be a loop (the horizontal black webbing) down and around the rack back through the loop and then connect it to the other end so it can be cinched down. The strap would form a V with the open end to the front of the bike. If that is a loop there is then no way the bag can come off the bike unless the Rok Strap comes undone.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I have the TM Delai rear rack and just bought this to go on it ... yet to actually put it on the bike .. it's so cheap it's worth a shot.

I like the fact it's removable without taking off your underseat/rack straps. The bag clips to the straps.
View attachment 32617

Here's a link: Free shipping 2016 New RR9018 rough road motorcycle rear seat package hangback bag 4wd after the bags rain cover cycling bags on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
Am looking for something to put my swimming gear in or pick up a few bits from the shops (paper, milk wine etc). Would this bag do the job?

Have purchased my rack and 20l tail bag for touring. Thanks for your help with this.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I bought the Us 20 to fit the lap top and as the old bike had a cowl rather than a rear seat the bag stayed on my back. The Kiega sizing is in liters so the 5 might work for the paper and milk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts