Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitted up the tail tidy today and finally got rid of the bridge girder off the back end. Amazing improvement. Took longer than I hoped, even with assistance. Nearly three hours, but it's all neat and tidy and works a treat. Why they don't fit them standard I don't know (apart from making suckers like me pay a few hundred bucks to make it look right)!

I had way too many bits in the kit and and no instructions whatsoever (and the dealer couldn't help) and then not enough electrical wiring but we still got the job done.

I'm impressed. Now it looks even leaner and more purposeful. (And big thanks to my mate Paul who did most of the work)!

And, while I think of it, I bought a set of soft luggage for it and did five days on a road trip recently to Tasmania's far North West Coast and it was great. $90. Bargain. Fitted everything in (with as back pack as well).

Now, a little bikini style screen and I'm done. This bike is still making me laugh and sing! And I'm 60 next month. So it keeps me young as well...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Looks good! Thanks for the pictures, I think I see a big grin inside that helmet.

Sarah

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right there Sarah. That grin is etched on permanently these days. I've never owned anything that keeps me in such a state of permanent happiness. If Scramblers were an illegal drug I'd be serving a life sentence in jail right now...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there Stavely

It's actually a genuine Ducati part. Cost me a bucket, $415 (including dealer discount because I'm a VERY good customer)! There's lots of nuts and bolts left over (and European style brackets) and it was missing some electrical lead but that's pretty much it. They give you enough bits to satisfy all market requirements I think. There's a lot under the seat that can't be seen - a whole other sub frame. Seems a bit over the top but it works! And makes the back end look like it should.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts