1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you want a shorter tidy, R & G or other simpler choices are sufficient. A buddy of mine with an Icon found a metal plate for around $40 shipped on eBay and is very pleased with the result. But if you want a tidy that follows the lines of the bike a bit more, I am partial to Evotech as will be installing one on my Desert Sled over this weekend.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK - thanks for replying ...
I'm not into DIY ...
Will consider Evotech ... let me know how the install goes please.

·
Registered
157 Posts
OK - thanks for replying ...
I'm not into DIY ...
Will consider Evotech ... let me know how the install goes please.
Not into DIY either for the most part. But lately got a bit of that itch. Still not sure if I will be installing the evotech myself or with friends, or at a dealer. Once installed I will update my build photo folder.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I bought this one off ebay for $40 AUD delivered. Mounts fine but I did add a washer on each of the rear mounting points. All other hardware is included. I couldn't have made it for much less than $40.

Fender Eliminator Plate Bracket Tail Tidy for 2015-2017 Ducati Scrambler Icon | eBay

What I like about it, and the R&G tidy tail, is that the light mounts and sits under the rear fender. In my opinion it looks much cleaner than the Evotech one where the light protrudes the rear fender. Below is the Evotech installed - a less tidy, tidy tail.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I went for the Evotech on my FT. To complicate matters I had put an Icon rear 'mud guard' on as well. I know the Evotech is expensive but the build quality is excellent and a doddle to fit.
IMGP8396.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
I went for the Evotech on my FT. To complicate matters I had put an Icon rear 'mud guard' on as well. I know the Evotech is expensive but the build quality is excellent and a doddle to fit. View attachment 19977
I would go with Storz Performance - super high quality, stainless steel. I had an R&G and it folded under on the first time I hit a little bump. It self destructed and also took out the license plate.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've had R&G on other bikes and its decent. I have EvoTech on my Desert Sled now and its a nice piece. Bothe are good.
With the short bobbed fender, pushing the license plate light outside the fender gives just a bit more clearance so your tire might not crush it.
My nod would go to EvoTech - nice cnc aluminum parts, and its a doddle to fit :icon_biggrin:.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I went with the Evotech. It's a little bit of a pain to get the brackets lined up right for a USA sized plate, but once it's adjusted it looks and works GREAT. The installation was easy as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've had R&G on other bikes and its decent. I have EvoTech on my Desert Sled now and its a nice piece. Bothe are good.
With the short bobbed fender, pushing the license plate light outside the fender gives just a bit more clearance so your tire might not crush it.
My nod would go to EvoTech - nice cnc aluminum parts, and its a doddle to fit :icon_biggrin:.

Your bike looks sick! What brand are the number plates? Where from?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Caution!

If you go with R&G, be careful because they do touch the tyres! It's ridiculous.

1. I installed the tail tidy, and it caught the tyre and broke my plate(see picture 1).
2. I ordered a smaller number plate replacement, but the first ride with a passager, the metal part caught the tyre and bent (Picture 2,3,4). It also broke the light.
3. Finally, I removed the tail tidy, stepped on it until the angle is a bit more like the EevoTech. It's better now, but regardless I asked for my money back a week abo and R&G hasn't got back to me. What a waste of time. (Picture 5).

IMG_8447.jpeg

IMG_8469.jpeg

IMG_8470.jpeg

IMG_8473.jpeg

IMG_8508.jpeg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Caution!

If you go with R&G, be careful because they do touch the tyres! It's ridiculous.

1. I installed the tail tidy, and it caught the tyre and broke my plate(see picture 1).
2. I ordered a smaller number plate replacement, but the first ride with a passager, the metal part caught the tyre and bent (Picture 2,3,4). It also broke the light.
3. Finally, I removed the tail tidy, stepped on it until the angle is a bit more like the EevoTech. It's better now, but regardless I asked for my money back a week abo and R&G hasn't got back to me. What a waste of time. (Picture 5).

View attachment 45300
View attachment 45301
View attachment 45302

View attachment 45303
View attachment 45305
I have just purchased a R and G hope I don’t get that problem thanks for the tip

1 - 19 of 19 Posts