Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now the FT is back after its travels down the road on it side due to a blind car driver, I've had more of a chance to get out and about and look at it from all angles ( 120 miles today, 209 mile loop round Brecon tommorow)

Has anyone found a decent tail tidy / fender removal kit for the FT. I'm in the UK so I need it to accommodate the massive reg plates and ensure it doesn't hit the tyre. All the ones I've seen so far are aimed at the Icon etc with the small rear plastic mudguard behind the seat.

Any pointers would be gratefully received!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I searched around for fender eliminator for full throttle and could not find any...all that I came across had extension to accomodate the fender which full throttle does not have. Decided to stop wasting any more time and fabricated my own. Used some pieces of aluminium 1" flat bar, and cut an arm for the plate, more flat bar for support under seat pan, painted flat black and moulded it to fit out and over rear tire. Seems to work well for now until I figure out another solution. Main thing is swing arm is free of that fugly mess that was hanging off the rear. 20150806_192230.jpg 20150806_192252.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks good. I'll have to get down the local DIY store and give it a go. Have you just reused the original plate light?
A clear photo of how you've built the number plate end would be really helpful as I think I'll need to add a bit more support as our plates are plastic, not metal.

Thanks again for your help, it's the best looking solution I've seen so far for the FT.

·
Registered
564 Posts
So now the FT is back after its travels down the road on it side due to a blind car driver, I've had more of a chance to get out and about and look at it from all angles ( 120 miles today, 209 mile loop round Brecon tommorow)

Has anyone found a decent tail tidy / fender removal kit for the FT. I'm in the UK so I need it to accommodate the massive reg plates and ensure it doesn't hit the tyre. All the ones I've seen so far are aimed at the Icon etc with the small rear plastic mudguard behind the seat.

Any pointers would be gratefully received!
I'm pretty sure the Evotech tail tidy fits the FT.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I searched around for fender eliminator for full throttle and could not find any...all that I came across had extension to accomodate the fender which full throttle does not have. Decided to stop wasting any more time and fabricated my own. Used some pieces of aluminium 1" flat bar, and cut an arm for the plate, more flat bar for support under seat pan, painted flat black and moulded it to fit out and over rear tire. Seems to work well for now until I figure out another solution. Main thing is swing arm is free of that fugly mess that was hanging off the rear. View attachment 2462 View attachment 2463
Hi,
I don't suppose you could post up a side on view of your Tail Tidy installed?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts