Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fitted my R & G TailTidy today great looking well styled product However!
first bend at 50mph it folded back under the seat and was no more.

I Have spoken with R&G and they are going to get back to me once they have looked in to it ,
It does say max plate dimension should be 130mm or this can happen, My plate was 130mm personally I don't think the existing product will work with any plate .

I believe they will fix this and resolve my problem and this could be unique to Urban Enduro model T.B.C

for now Ive ordered a replacement the Evotech one fingers crossed the same doesn't happen .

keen to hear if anyone else has had the problem ?
also the back of my coat was covered in Sh1 hope thats not the trade off for style ?!

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
That's not very good outcome mrd, :rolleyes:

Trying to stop the muck spraying up off the back wheel is a major problem on loads of bikes today, I've fitted the Classic rear guard and tail tidy to my Icon, and kept the original stone guard on as well , I recently fitted the Power Bronze Hugger and the spray directed on my coat etc was horrendous, :( much worse with the hugger in place IMO,

·
Registered
126 Posts
The R&G tail tidy is less angled than the Evotech one. Hence why I went for the Evotech one in the end.

The Evotech one can also take a full size (Legal) UK plate with no issues.

·
Registered
126 Posts
That's not very good outcome mrd, :rolleyes:

Trying to stop the muck spraying up off the back wheel is a major problem on loads of bikes today, I've fitted the Classic rear guard and tail tidy to my Icon, and kept the original stone guard on as well , I recently fitted the Power Bronze Hugger and the spray directed on my coat etc was horrendous, :( much worse with the hugger in place IMO,
The hugger made the spray situation worse?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are thanks for that I was thinking a hugger ! you've saved me some money ! will put it towards my exhaust when I finally manage to decide on which one ,
fitted a dart screen today but its Hissing it down so will have to wait to try it for now ..
evotech tail tidy is on its way yippee

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now fitted the Evotech product works great and looks well "Tidy":afro-33::afro:

·
Registered
290 Posts
I looked at the Evotech tail tidy but decided against it as the number plate light stuck out to far and didn't look right so I installed an R&G tidy but bent the number plate holder alittle so as to hopefully give more clearance to the rear tyre.
The fixings of the R&G are very robust so I really don't under stand how your's came loose, glad you got it sorted though.

Geoff.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
True to form R & G have now refunded me for the tail tidy once returned .
Nice one spot on customer services .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts