Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn’t going to install a tail tidy on my bike, but now I’m considering one. I read somewhere that the Evotech is the best. Has anyone got any information or guidance on the subject.
Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
After reading all the threads, I also think the Evotech is the best.

I’m doing it mainly for a weigh reduction. I haven’t seen anyone posting the weight differential but I’m sure it’s a good bit.

·
Registered
131 Posts
After reading all the threads, I also think the Evotech is the best.

I’m doing it mainly for a weigh reduction. I haven’t seen anyone posting the weight differential but I’m sure it’s a good bit.
Did you come across any that mount the license plate between the 2 mufflers and not behind them?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Did you come across any that mount the license plate between the 2 mufflers and not behind them?
Both the Evotech and NRC mount between the 2 mufflers. The Evotech seems to be of higher quality from what I gather on the forums.

The NRC has a tucked version also, which does mount the plate much 'deeper' into the tail. Way down between the mufflers so that you can't even see the plate from the sides almost; it looks like it would be illegal in some states but who knows.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Here’s mine with a smaller number plate on Evotech tail tidy.
Both the Evotech and NRC mount between the 2 mufflers. The Evotech seems to be of higher quality from what I gather on the forums.

The NRC has a tucked version also, which does mount the plate much 'deeper' into the tail. Way down between the mufflers so that you can't even see the plate from the sides almost; it looks like it would be illegal in some states but who knows.
That's what I meant, into the tail more. I wonder if it is illegal or not. I'm not sure why anyone would need to see the plate from any other angle than from behind as you cant read the plate from the side anyway, but the laws are the laws. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Over here in Sydney we have quite specific laws regarding number plate placement. It as to be visible at a few given angles.

Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 8.38.40 am.png

That said, I have seen a lot of non-conforming bikes around so maybe the law isn't aggressively applied.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anybody have a link to an EvoTech part for the '15 Urban Enduro?
I am not having any luck finding one in the States.
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts