Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken their headlight apart? I really want to paint the silver X black like in the scrambler icon.

Does it make sense to even attempt this?

Would the Icon headlight work fine on the 1100? If so, is it possible to get an OEM icon headlight somewhere? I've googled without success.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bet it's sealed/glued together.
Oh I am sure it is and will require a heat gun to pull apart. I've done it before on car headlights I just don't know how hard it would be with this headlight.

If the scrambler Icon headlight fits I may just look into getting one, but I haven't been able to confirm if they are interchangeable.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I know that the billet cnc alu headlight bezel that fitted the "old" 800 also fits the current 1100 and on the website the partnumber for the bezel for the new 800 is also the same wich makes me think you would be able to swap the headlights as well.
Can't find prizes or partnumbers for the 2019/2020 models yet but any dealer can probablysort you out. Expect somewhere between 250/350 euro's.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know that the billet cnc alu headlight bezel that fitted the "old" 800 also fits the current 1100 and on the website the partnumber for the bezel for the new 800 is also the same wich makes me think you would be able to swap the headlights as well.
Can't find prizes or partnumbers for the 2019/2020 models yet but any dealer can probablysort you out. Expect somewhere between 250/350 euro's.
Is there no source for finding Ducati parts/part numbers/ or actually buying OEM parts?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Skippy, are Star Twin a good reliable company? I look on their website for part breakdown information and how things go together, but I haven’t ordered from them. Also how do their prices compare to OEM?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Skippy, are Star Twin a good reliable company? I look on their website for part breakdown information and how things go together, but I haven’t ordered from them. Also how do their prices compare to OEM?
Yes they are a very dependable and old company and Ducati dealer with a regular store. I never compared prices I'm guessing oem prices are pretty much the same everywhere. Mjght be interesting to buy somewhere else if you get a better exchange course on your gpb fir instance but for me it's eassiest to buy Dutch.
I'm surprised there isn't an UK dealer with the same parts ordering system as there are more companies worldwide that have it online.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yes they are a very dependable and old company and Ducati dealer with a regular store. I never compared prices I'm guessing oem prices are pretty much the same everywhere. Mjght be interesting to buy somewhere else if you get a better exchange course on your gpb fir instance but for me it's eassiest to buy Dutch.
I'm surprised there isn't an UK dealer with the same parts ordering system as there are more companies worldwide that have it online.
Thanks for the info. There is a company over in Yorkshire about 20miles away, where I bought my front sprocket from but I can’t remember the name. Will have to track them down.

·
Registered
795 Posts
The new 1100 sport pro will also have a headlight witn a black X so you will be able to get the look that you want as long as you bring a lot of cash.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The new 1100 sport pro will also have a headlight witn a black X so you will be able to get the look that you want as long as you bring a lot of cash.
I think that will be an option on the pro, as it was only seen on the optioned out one. Standard it will come with ours, I believe. Will have to see if this makes it more obtainable or not.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was wrong. I see it on the website as coming standard with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts