Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys :) !

I've been reading a lot on this forum but this is actually my first post.

I'm thinking about putting a deposit on a scrambler full throttle . I'm from Montreal Canada and my ducati dealer still has 2 available for pre-order .

I did read all reviews possible on the web and did a lot of research on this forum... I still have one concern.

I'm 6"2 190 pounds ... I'm afraid that the bike will feel small for me .... I will be able to actually sit on one at my hometown expo at the end of february but by this time the 2 available will probably be sold.

My actual bike is a fz8 2012 that has a inseam of 32inch ( 1 inch higher then the scrambler ) but the tank is a lot bigger.

Is there any tall people that actually tryed the motorcycle already ? How did you feel on it ? Good ryding position ?

Thanks a lot !

P.S First language is french ... sorry for my rusty english

·
Registered
365 Posts
Is your deposit refundable at that dealer? If it is, there is no harm in putting a deposit down subject to you fitting on the bike comfortably. I am betting the dealer would go for that. Being 6' 2" that's fair.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey guys, I just posted the same concern. I'm 6'1" and just under 200 pounds. Nice to see others are having sizing issues as well. I put my refundable deposit down last week on a full throttle. Ducati keeps reassuring me that I'll be fine, but I am skeptical. Especially considering I'm half way up the seat for it to be comfortable. I'm hoping for an aftermarket higher seat and maybe foot control relocation.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Guys :) !

I've been reading a lot on this forum but this is actually my first post.

I'm thinking about putting a deposit on a scrambler full throttle . I'm from Montreal Canada and my ducati dealer still has 2 available for pre-order .

I did read all reviews possible on the web and did a lot of research on this forum... I still have one concern.

I'm 6"2 190 pounds ... I'm afraid that the bike will feel small for me .... I will be able to actually sit on one at my hometown expo at the end of february but by this time the 2 available will probably be sold.

My actual bike is a fz8 2012 that has a inseam of 32inch ( 1 inch higher then the scrambler ) but the tank is a lot bigger.

Is there any tall people that actually tryed the motorcycle already ? How did you feel on it ? Good ryding position ?

Thanks a lot !

P.S First language is french ... sorry for my rusty english
As I mentioned in my thread reply I have the same concerns. But even being 6'1" myself, I still found it comfortable. It's a little tight but Ducati mentioned there will be tons of aftermarket products to help us tall riders out. Power wise, there shouldn't be any issues with our size.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
True ! Im not afraid for the power ! 75hp for 410 Pounds ( 600 pounds with me on it ;-) Should be just fine ! I decide to wait for the expo ... i'll take a picture with me on it on the 26 of february and post it here ! I wonder what kind of aftermarket products they can sell. The full throttle already come with a lower hadlebar. Higher seat maybe ? Lower pegs ?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey, I am 5-7 so I was worried the other way. That is until I sat on the bike. Seat for me could be lower, but works. For you guys, go for extra fat seats. More comfy. Different shock, more ground clearance.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Hi there, I'm just over 6ft and 217 lbs, 32 inside leg, I didn't find the bike too small at all, It was just right , I had quite a long test ride, and returned to place my order, it was that good, :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts