Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
240 Posts
View attachment 2998 View attachment 2997 View attachment 2996 I have put some third party tank badges on my tank panels. it took me quite a lot of searching before I came across the ones that suited me.

As I searched it became apparent that people have put lots of different options on their tank panels so thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where we can see photos of what people have done. Would make searching a whole lot easier.

Anyway, here is a photo of my tank badge. not entirely sure where it is from, but I believe it may be from an old Ducati radio. Anybody shed any light?
This badge is for sale on eBay. Seller says they think it's off a 1950s Ducati outboard motor. Looks nice on your bike! What adhesive did you use? Did you have to remove the locating pins on the back of the badge?

· Registered
240 Posts
This is what I used. You can find it at any auto parts store or on Amazon. 3M Scotch Mount Molding Tape 03614 - 3M Auto.
Thanks, I'll check it out. But you've used it on metal-to-metal, both non porous surfaces. I'm concerned it may not stick to a porous surface like leather. Maybe I should seal the leather somehow first; or maybe a fabric glue? Still researching.

Are you willing to give the source for your lovely badges?

· Registered
240 Posts
Loving those tank badges! I'm going to change mine at some time and want to incorporate the screw into the badge as I want to be able to remove the panel easily without having to unglue the badge every time. Just haven't decided on a design yet!
Good idea to allow access to the bolt head; avoid wear and tear on the tank panel's finish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts